1.    #1  
    I have a Vista computer at home, an XP at work, and my new Treo 680 is refusing to sync on both with data I've brought in from a previous Palm Zire - which DID sync on both fine. I'm using Palm's beta Vista desktop at home and the 4.2 desktop off the Treo disc on my work XP. I've been walked by tech support through various hard resets and reinstalls, which work on one computer or the other, but then the Treo jams - usually when I try syncing on the XP after syncing on the Vista. Any ideas?
    I'm in the same situation: XP at work and Vista at home (which I've only had since Nov. 21st). I've had no trouble at all with hotsyncing to both, but my 680 is over a year old now. Since you said your 680 is new, I'm wondering how you did the upgrade from your Zire to your 680?

If you didn't do a "clean install" as recommended in the fourth sticky in this 680 forum, and instead just did a straight hotsync of all of your data and apps from the Zire to the 680, that may be the source of your problem.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Christie. I think I've tried the clean install (I've retried several ways so far), but I'll study the procedure in the sticky. Are you using the downloaded Beta Palm-desktop-OS-for-Vista on your Vista computer? I am, because it's recommended over the 4.2 disc, but I wonder if that's somehow caused a problem. My next plan was to try installing the 4.2-Palm-OS on my Vista, hoping it will mesh better with the same 4.2 I put on my work XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpatink View Post
    Thanks Christie. I think I've tried the clean install (I've retried several ways so far), but I'll study the procedure in the sticky. Are you using the downloaded Beta Palm-desktop-OS-for-Vista on your Vista computer? I am, because it's recommended over the 4.2 disc, but I wonder if that's somehow caused a problem. My next plan was to try installing the 4.2-Palm-OS on my Vista, hoping it will mesh better with the same 4.2 I put on my work XP.

Yes, I'm using the 6.2 Beta Palm Desktop for Vista at home and 4.2 on my XP work computer and I've had no problems. I don't think it would be a good idea to try 4.2 on your Vista computer because it has already been proven not compatible with Vista.
    I still can't believe that after this much time, Palm's Quickinstall program still isn't Vista compatible...amazing. Almost liek Palm is trying to kill itself off.
    The Palm QuickInstall was replaced by the Install Tool that is included with the 6.2 Desktop beta for Vista. It works exactly like QuickInstall and I've had no difficulty installing anything using hotsync that I could install before (or still, on my XP work computer) using QuickInstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    The Palm QuickInstall was replaced by the Install Tool that is included with the 6.2 Desktop beta for Vista. It works exactly like QuickInstall and I've had no difficulty installing anything using hotsync that I could install before (or still, on my XP work computer) using QuickInstall.
    Thanks! I didn't see a mention of this on Palm's website. Just that Quickinstall was not compatible. You'd think they could have said what you said ...
    Quote Originally Posted by scythe000 View Post
    Thanks! I didn't see a mention of this on Palm's website. Just that Quickinstall was not compatible. You'd think they could have said what you said ...
    Actually, they did, you just have to dig a little: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/windesk62.html