1.    #1  
    Hadn't heard anyone mention this, and I just noticed it at the bottom of the Mac upgrade instructions, but they are given a free version of Sudoku to those who upgrade.

http://www.palm.com/us/software/sudoku/680.html

Guess it's a nice touch, though I'm not a big sudoku fan. Solitaire of Mahjong would have been cooler for me.
    I got the free AstraWare Sudoku download from Palm's link, after downloading and completing the Treo 680 software upgrade.

It didn't work.

I'm now running "Treo680-2.11-ATT", according to the Phone application, but when I run the Sudoku program it says:

"Sorry, but this version of the game is not compatible with your handheld. Please visit www.astraware.com to find a version that is compatible with your device."

All other versions of the game on that site are payware.

After having it promised for "free" on Palm's software update webpage, it really feels like a bait and switch to me. I'm disappointed.
    I got it for free after the update and it works just fine!
  4.    #4  
    Run's fine on mine. Try uninstalling and reinstalling again? Not sure why yours didn't work.
    Works for me.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Works for me as well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...