1.    #1  
    I recently bought a Treo 680 and have been away from the Palm OS for several years and haven't a clue what software other people find really useful for the Treo.

I was wondering if everyone would be able to post the name of the software and what it does which they find is a "must have" for their Treo.

Thanks in advance=)
    use the search in the treo 680 section.

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by templar007 View Post
    use the search in the treo 680 section.
    And what should I be searching for?
    "The best of the best for the Treo 680"
    "My favorite programs"
    "Programs to Die for"
    ""The Treo 680 and it's Bible of programs"
    "Cool warez sites for the Treo 680"
    "Hey I just bought [Name of program] for my Treo 680"
    "Top 10 programs for the Treo 680"
    "Here is a list of programs every Treo 680 owner should have"
    "If I asked what are cool programs for the Treo, this post would be my answer"
    and
    "dumb reponses to topic questions in posts and the programs you love for your Treo 680"

In Other Words...
    I asked the question because I wanted to hear from current users, not some post that may already be old and outdated, nor do I want to sift through 800 posts of off topic posts to try and find a few programs that other people use. Seeing how I have been away from the Palm OS for several years, I found my question to be very valid. Since this is a Forum where users help each other and engage in conversations of specific topics, a better response would of been "here is a link from a search I found that answers the same question you already asked" than try to blow this topic off so no one will post beyond your remark.

No hard feelings.. just a bunch of common sense here.
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Let's see...

Chattermail, best 3rd party email app. You can do 'push'-like email with imap accounts, as well as deal with regular pop3 accounts.

Toccer, only good for people who use AIM though.

ereader, for overpriced ebooks from ereader.com, although you can find a good deal of free ebooks scattered across the net, one particular site comes to mind, but I can't recall the name.

Hmmm... that's all I can think of for now, sorry I'm on the treo and about to pass out into dreamland.
    Edit: the site is called memoware.com, they have a ton of free ebooks.
    Last edited by dpc; 12/13/2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typos!!!
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    also, splashID and coreplayer. splashID is a great app for memorizing all your private data such as passwords. coreplayer is a video playback app, plays mp4's best, you might remember it by it's old name, TCPMP, I think.
    Last edited by dpc; 12/13/2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typos!!!!
    I don't have much, but think these are all worthwhile:

xWeather - self explanatory.....was the best weather program I tried.
    VolumeCare - helped improve volume of the Treo, but speakerphone still not loud enough.
    Butler - lots of neat things included, but like the reminder feature the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra4no1 View Post

In Other Words...
    I asked the question because I wanted to hear from current users, not some post that may already be old and outdated, nor do I want to sift through 800 posts of off topic posts to try and find a few programs that other people use. Seeing how I have been away from the Palm OS for several years, I found my question to be very valid. Since this is a Forum where users help each other and engage in conversations of specific topics, a better response would of been "here is a link from a search I found that answers the same question you already asked" than try to blow this topic off so no one will post beyond your remark.

No hard feelings.. just a bunch of common sense here.
    First, let me start and say "Sorry." I never stated your question wasn't valid. Yes, this and other forum is where users help each other. But there are some users that ask the same questions over and over and are lazy. Not stating this is you.

Now for just a bunch of common sense here. It might be more useful for you if you stated what you are using it for. Like business, person, etc. You would get better resalts.

So here is my list. I hope it helps.
    1) Agendus by iambic
    2) Bonsai by natara
    3) zlauncher by zztechs
    4) Card reader by mobile stream
    5) Documents to go by dataviz
    6) Network Down by metaiewsolf
    7) Mini Tones by nicolas pabion
    8) RssBack up by resco.net
    9) Tipster by llium software inc.
    10) Tracker Dog by trackerdog.a0soft.com
    11) YourCall by iambic

I use them for ...
    1) All in one organizer. It links memos, contacts, tacks together and more.
    2) Lists, outliner, note taker and more.
    3) One great launcher that does it all.
    4) Fast way to put info on your SD card. A SD card is a most. 680 can handle 8 GB or more.
    5) Have books, directions, word, power point, right at your hand.
    6) To close network when using web apps. It doesn't close when you exit blazer.
    7) Adding new ring tones to phone
    8) Great back up app.
    9) Quick way to figure out tip or tips at the table
    10) keep up to date with all you palm apps.
    11) For handling calls and entering info about the call.

Good luck.

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    Is there any way this topic can get organized, and made a sticky? I've had the same question about software must-haves. I've browsed around a lot - and there are lots of threads that have some info - but its pretty disjointed. The Wiki also has some info about software - but its organized by software title, not by category. There is also the compatible software sticky - but this just lists all the software that's compatible. Something like best applications in each category would be great. And please don't post a reply again along the lines of "go search the threads", that's just not useful.
    TakePhone: http://www.shsh.com a phone app enhancement, has to many features to list them here. Give it a try!

Vox: http://get.typepad.com/Vox.prc mobile blogging at Vox.com, including photo upload. Very cool!

CardReader: http://www.mobile-stream.com access your SD card like a normal drive from your computer

KeyLight: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3x4sax set the keyboard light and LED depending on app and/or time. It's a battery saver!