Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i am a newbie to Palm devices and PDAs in general. I have a new Centro. i'm not trying to get anything free. i just want to remove that app from my phone. thanks for any help and please direct me to a current tread if that is what will help.
    I don't think you can remove it because it's built into the rom. The only way would be a rom update and I don't think that's something a newbie should do. One wrong move and you have a pretty paperweight.
    From the launcher, create a new category (say MemoryFill) and then change the category of the applications you will never need to that category. It is a good way to slim down your main category!

To create new category, select "Edit Categories" from the category drop down list in the top-center of the Launcher screen, then tap the [New] button.

To assign categories to applications, use the Category option on the menu.
  4.    #4  
    well...that helps get it off my screen but that doesn't make the app go away from my phone. what I want to do is actually remove the app from the device. but sprint and palm both tell me that it can't be done. well sprint says it can't be done and palm says they can't touch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobysurf View Post
    well...that helps get it off my screen but that doesn't make the app go away from my phone. what I want to do is actually remove the app from the device. but sprint and palm both tell me that it can't be done. well sprint says it can't be done and palm says they can't touch it.
    This is true, you cannot delete it. You can use a program to hide your unwanted programs without creating new categories that you would still see if you hit the home button twice.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...7&d=1181005792
    Install this application and then open it under Preferences and then Applications. The ones that are in gray are ones that will hide on your home screen and will make it easy if you ever want any of the programs again.

^The attachment is from this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...e+applications ^

The software works for 700p and 755p, I'm sure it will work with the Centro
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    But I don't think you should be concerned, mobysurf.

I believe that on the centro, apps stored in the ROM will not detract from how much RAM you have.

Although I might be wrong... anyone know with certainty?
  7.    #7  
    thank you all so much for being responsive. it's not so much the space on the ROM. it's the app itself. sprint has included some objectionable material in their free channels. while this might not be a concern to some, i would rather just not have the material on there. hopefully there is a way. if not i might just have to switch to one of the treo devices.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Objectionable material? That settles it! I'm upgrading my 650 to a Centro today!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm dying to know! Maybe that's a way out of a contract!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobysurf View Post
    thank you all so much for being responsive. it's not so much the space on the ROM. it's the app itself. sprint has included some objectionable material in their free channels. while this might not be a concern to some, i would rather just not have the material on there. hopefully there is a way. if not i might just have to switch to one of the treo devices.
    Any Treo from Sprint will have the Sprint TV app on it. Im pretty sure any smartphone/pda and or EDGE enabled device will have it installed.

I would (I have as a matter of fact) get that app thats posted in this thread to hide unwanted apps. Out of site out of mind.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    What is the Objectionable material is I may ask. The rap music ??
    There is no way to get rid of sprint TV on any of the Palm devices that it comes with as far as I know other than hiding it. There was an app a few years ago that someone created that would hide programs in rom. It started with an "ob" , I cant remember what it was called. That might help if someone can remember it . No one would be able to access it if its hidden.
    I wish they had ratings on the content and a way to block some ratings. My kids always want to dig around in that app and play things (while I'm driving) but I don't know what they might see/hear.
    IDK but I thought most of it they charged you for? The free stuff would have to be G rated. They're not that dum are they?
    Just use SharkROM or ApplicationsPanl. Your kids aren't going to find it that way.
  15.    #15  
    thanks everybody...and it may just be a fluke with all the server updates and switching over with nextel right now. considering the hassle that it seems it could be, i might just sit on it for a couple of days until they are settled down a bit. can someone give me some more info on that SharkROM app?
  16.    #16  
    scheumanrj...i think we have an answer. Password Launch is an application that allows you to use password protect the launching of any application that you choose. the trial so far has worked. at least there is something out there that we can protect our children with and not suffer the functionality we enjoy. if anyone else has a better suggestion...please let me know. thanks!
    Sprint TV is so..i don't know..worthless to me? lol
    In the lifestyle category there are some skimpy bikini peepshows. I thought it was odd to include that particular content in the "free" offering as well.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  19.    #19  
    you're right cardfan...it's worthless. but we all know the "worthless" things we do to kill time...like when your flight is delayed for three hours like mine was. that's the only reason you actually find that kind of stuff.

and it is odd they would include that material in the "free" content.
    I think I tried it once. I'd be afraid of ordering something by mistake. I heard its so 2007!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast