View Poll Results: Is the Dec. 11th Treo680 Update working for you?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, works just fine.

41 75.93%
  • Working OK, somethings aren't working

9 16.67%
  • Could not Hotsync successfully

1 1.85%
  • Could not restore my old data (Hotsync or 3rd party restore tools)

3 5.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00 View Post
    Yup. Also have this problem. Do you think anyone has notified Zztechs yet?
    I sent an email and just received the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your report!

We will try to fix this problem in the later version of ZLauncher.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Jacken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD
    Works mostly fine for me. No issues yet other than not being able to figure out what kind of chicken I have to sacrifice to use mp3 ringtones.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    My Firmware version was upgraded to 1.91, but software stayed at 1.09.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks, taroliw. I'm trying to backup now before my hard reset in case any new data from the last three days can be salvaged. I'll give it a go and see what happens...
    Things went fairly smoothly. I did have to do a hard reset afterwords in order to get some things to work properly. A few programs caused the treo to reset when I launched them, but that problem was sloved after the hard reset. Two problems I had were: I lost my favorites in the phone dialer. I had to manually put those back in. Secondly, the sound is now coming out of the speaker and the headphones when the headphones are plugged in.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Any change in the version number of Versamail in this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Any change in the version number of Versamail in this update?
    I don't remember what version I had before the update, but after it, right now, I'm showing version 3.5.5

Is that a new version????
    As ILBandit said new version is 3.5.5. I looked at my wife's 680 that she got after ATT bought Cingular, her version is 3.5.2. So there is a slight upgrade. The only thing updated is incorporating the Direct Push update. I think I read that somewhere.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I have been trying to get Versamail to work with my 700p and the 3.5.4 version. Unfortunately, I'm trying to use Activesync with Exchange and keep getting an AirSAMStateMachine.c 1913 3 message.

I have a buddy who updated his 680p to 3.5.5 and it works. He sent me the files out of his ROM, but they are locked.

They pointed me to a certificate problem and article ID 16733 to update the certs, so hopefully I'll pursue that.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it was interesting that this update to Versamail somehow worked for the 680 but now I need it for my 700.
    Interesting, I just realized I'm having no problems with my home key. It changes categories immediately. Goes straight to ZLauncher from another application, etc..

However, I have LudusP set the Green key to Home. And ZLauncher is set to be Default Launcher, so this might be the difference.

FYI if this doesn't make sense, I have my keyboard configured exactly like the 650 was. I couldn't stand the shift key being on the bottom of the keyboard, otherwise I could have gotten used to the 680 layout.
    has anyone with Tmo using a branded treo 680 that has been unlocked use this update & if so were you able to receive mms messages again???
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harlemfire View Post
    has anyone with Tmo using a branded treo 680 that has been unlocked use this update & if so were you able to receive mms messages again???
    Yes.
    It has been running great for me since last night!
    I'm very pleased and appreciative for Tom's/James' work!
    Is anyone having problems with Avantgo with the 2.11 update? Since installing the update, Avantgo causes a looping reset. When I do get it to work it then causes all sound to get routed through the speaker, wheter the headphones are plugged in or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    Yes.
    It has been running great for me since last night!
    I'm very pleased and appreciative for Tom's/James' work!
    what I meant was the default palm firmware update 2.11, not the Tom & james custom 2.11... Can the default palm 2.11 fix the mms problem with Tmo???
    Quote Originally Posted by harlemfire View Post
    what I meant was the default palm firmware update 2.11, not the Tom & james custom 2.11... Can the default palm 2.11 fix the mms problem with Tmo???
    never mind the. the default 2.11 update by palm did fix the mms problem for Tmo users who has an unlocked cng/att branded Treo680
    Quote Originally Posted by jcring View Post
    Is anyone having problems with Avantgo with the 2.11 update? Since installing the update, Avantgo causes a looping reset. When I do get it to work it then causes all sound to get routed through the speaker, wheter the headphones are plugged in or not.
    I contacted Palm via the live chat and they were very helpful in solving my problem. They led me through a process of renaming my back up folder and re-installing 3rd party apps. Now that I have a clean install of 2.11 and my 3rd party apps everthing is running much better. If you are having problems I highly suggest using the live chat function on the Palm support page. They helped me out. It took about 15 minutes on line and my treo was working great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    I sent an email and just received the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your report!

We will try to fix this problem in the later version of ZLauncher.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Jacken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD
    Im using the up-to-date v5.45 and the problem is still ther
    I thought everything was good but then I attempted to turn off the bluettooth and it just causes a reset. Then, tealbackup won't perform automatically. I have to give the upgrade a "D" so far
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatecitymale View Post
    I thought everything was good but then I attempted to turn off the bluettooth and it just causes a reset. Then, tealbackup won't perform automatically. I have to give the upgrade a "D" so far
    Fine for me.. Dunno about Teal, but nvbackup is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Im using the up-to-date v5.45 and the problem is still ther
    Ditto.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast