1.    #1  
    Finally it is here, the treo 680 update. I just finished updating my 680 and will see what it will do now and post back. Can't wait to load up a 4gb card with movies now.
    You have always been able to use a 4GB card in the 680.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

You'll notice no difference with the SDHC support. It still reports 2GB Free on my 8GB SDHC card. So far, I've not been able to use BackupBuddy to restore after the upgrade. Hotsync has been running for the past 15min., hopefully that will work. I wasn't able to backtrack to 1.09, the upgrade tool stated that the firmware was not compatible with my device.

Oh Great Palm. After the Hotsync I click 'Reset'. The phone ist stuck on the 'PalmOS Powered by Access' screen again. I'm totally hosed now
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    There is probably an issue with Saved or usaved prefs. Try restoring everything but those & just see.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    There is probably an issue with Saved or usaved prefs. Try restoring everything but those & just see.
    One would hope, but that isn't the case for me. Tried a Hotsync to restore the data as well as BBVFS, neither work. After the soft-reset, it just hangs on the 'PalmOS Powered by ACCESS' screen.

I think the reason may be related to the PTT feature is conflicting with tools like VoiceDial (press and hold side button to VoiceDial) and CallRec (double-tap the side button to start recording).
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked AT&T Treo 680 (1.09 firmware). Any idea if the phone will be re-locked if I update to 2.11?

Thanks!
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    When will there be an update for the Unlocked GSM?
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    After confirming with Palm customer service, I updated my unlocked AT&T Treo 680 with no ill effects. The phone remained unlocked. As for unlocked, unbranded GSM update, nobody knows at this point.
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    are u using tmobile or ATT?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    does the IM really work?

can you grab a photo with snap and post it? Im really interested if Palm is going to actually start bundling an IM app!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I just ran the update using the SD card method as I do not have the Palm Desktop/Hotsync on my work PC. After the update was complete (about 10 minutes) I restored my latest NVBackup.
    Everything seems to be working just fine except the home button in ZLauncher. When pressing the home button, it will jump to the default launcher and then back to ZL before changing tabs.
    Actually, even when not using ZL the home button seems hosed up. I exited ZL to the default launcher and hit the home button. It jumps 2 or 3 categories every time I hit the home button. Anyone else getting this? Maybe I will try uninstalling ZL . . .

edit: OK, uninstalling ZL has corrected the home button problem in the default launcher.
    Last edited by rickstreo; 12/12/2007 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Hey Rick,

I'm experiencing the same behavior. Have you tried reloading Z-Launcer?

Thanks!

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    Hey Rick,

I'm experiencing the same behavior. Have you tried reloading Z-Launcer?

Thanks!

McTreo
    Not yet. Have you?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Not yet. I'll post my results.

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I just tried it with the same problems. Uninstalled it again until it gets figured out.
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering if Palm included the SMS app from the centro. What I am interested in are those little arrows.

Cheers,

Philipp
    Bleh @ the ZLauncher problems.. I bet zztechs would fix it fairly quickly. I guess if nothing else I can go back to making LudusP launch ZLauncher rather than using ZLauncher's "Default Launcher" option.
    I did a hard reset before doing the update. The update worked fine using the SD install method (my sync cable is a bit flaky). I reloaded data from the NVBackup with no problems. I do have to re-pair all my bluetooth devices because the names were lost in the process, and I can't tell them apart from the ID values. That's not a major problem, though. I don't use Z-Launcher. Treo Launcher seems to work just fine, though.