1.    #1  
    I am now going to get a 755...I've looked at the Centro and the 755...I decided to go with the 755 and get the Centro for my partner. I am hoping to get the 755 next week...now my question or questions are: Once I open the box what are some of the first things I should do..what software should I download..example I heard about the web browser is not good..what browser should I use...what type of phone program should I use...should i go ahead and invest in a mini-card (Kingston 4g)? what is a good bluetooth headset...where can I get the 2400 battery...what type of case should I get...should I sync it with my Vista Laptop or my XP Home desktop? I think I have asked enough so looking forward for your answers...thanks

Earl
    Earl, you will love the Treo as will your partner their Centro (just like my wife and I ). Welcome to treocentral. You ask a lot of questions and though I hope each one is addressed and answered, you might find everything you're looking for by searching each item separately. When you search, do so in advanced mode and search only the 755 forum because I think all your questions have been addressed.

Personally, I like the browser that comes with the Treo as well as Versamail for email. For sure get a miniSD if just to use with NV Backup, size depending on how much music you might put on it. Good luck.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Welcome to the world of Palm. The best news is that no matter what your industry or interest, there are gads of applications to help you. There are a few types of programs that I can recommend.

Launcher program - These apps help you organize your applications and group them so you can find your favorites easier. I'm a fan of LauncherX but there are plenty of others.

Google Maps - A must! Get turn by turn directions anywhere you're headed.

Checkbook & QuickTip are great apps to help you get through life. BigClock is a great World Clock/Timer/Stopwatch free app.

Specific to the Treo are KeyGuard Time which is an app that will help prevent accidental calls and also lets you quickly check the Time and Date. (I don't carry a watch anymore, I just carry my Treo) There's also TreoGuard which will help you fine tune your Treo to work just the way you want. You can have the phone turn itself on and off at the right times during the day when you expect to receive calls to save battery life. It also sets keys to work or not work when the phone rings or you're on a call.

Check out the full reviews for the 700p & 755p and scan for links to other apps designed to work with them.

Finally, it's all about the games and time killer apps.There are some great freeware and cheap shareware apps out there and I've also purchased about 6 fun games to help pass the time whenever I'm waiting in line or just need a diversion at work. Card games and board games translate well to these devices. There are also plenty of puzzle games and even arcade games out there to choose from. Most of them allow you to download and try them before you purchase so you rarely waste your money.

Good Luck, have fun and welcome the the vast Palm & Treo community!
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
  4.    #4  
    I will check out the forums..I think u for your response...So much to get lol...SO what type of Bluetooth headphones you use?
    I do not have a Stereo Bluetooth headset yet. I can't justify the price for the limited time I listen to MP3s. I have a Scala Bluetooth headset that's going on 2 yrs old now and I can't live without it in the car. The range isn't stellar but it was $50 when I got it and it's had a great battery life, so I can't complain. There aren't many bad headsets out there, so you have to focus on ones that look like they'll be most comfortable for your budget. The 755p will come with a wired stereo headset with a microphone so you're ready to go out of the box. Since this is my 3rd MP3 compatible Treo, I've had an adapter that has the microphone and allows me to plug in any headphones I have. That's been the best accessory purchase for me because I've been very particular about the headphone I like and it's allowed me to upgrade them very easily.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Here is some battery info, because I think you have either mixed some 755p facts or read some wrong information somewhere else.

The 755p uses unique batteries. The 680 and 750 phones may look the same externally, but several people have said the batteries have different pinouts and do not work. The battery recess are also a different depth due to them needing SIM card holders.
    Do not get anything that says it will also fit a 680 and 750. It is probably made for them only and will not work in a 755p.

Some say that certain 650 and 700 batteries fit the 755p battery recess area but are just too tall, but this is not exactly true. They do not fit well. And even if they fit in the recess, you would need a new battery door from somewhere else anyway.

Oh, and there is no such thing as a 2400mah battery for the 755p. That is a common extended battery size for the 680 and 750 though, so be careful. Don't get it.

So what can you use?
    A second stock battery might make sense. Stock batteries are 1600mah.
    Seidio makes a 2200mah and a 3200mah battery. Both come with new battery covers. The 2200 cover looks the same size as the stock battery cover, (no hump), but it has some extra internal clearance for the very slighly oversized battery.

Seidio used to make a 2100mah battery that did not come with a battery cover, but there were so many complaints about fit that they had to start giving out a newly designed door with a battery purchase. And since they made that change they also came up with a way to make the battery a bit bigger in terms of the capacity, hence the 2200mah batteries that replace the 2100.
    Some online stores still carry the 2100mah battery, and of course they do not come with the door. So buying them is risky and I would avoid it.

Of course you may want to hold off and see how the battery lasts with your specific usage before thinking of buying a replacement or second battery.

Here are some things to save battery life without getting a new battery:
    -turn off bluetooth if you do not use bluetooth devices
    -turn off IR
    -turn off the auto time and date sychronization
    -get Phone Technician software and Power Hero software. These cots money, but it's cheaper than a new battery.
    One has settings for turning off the screen while on a call which will save battery life, and the other has settings for turning off the keyboard lights automatically after some time if no keys are hit. Power Hero can also shut down unused services after some time of inactivity.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blkpanther9805 View Post
    I am now going to get a 755...I've looked at the Centro and the 755...I decided to go with the 755 and get the Centro for my partner. I am hoping to get the 755 next week...now my question or questions are: Once I open the box what are some of the first things I should do..what software should I download..example I heard about the web browser is not good..what browser should I use...what type of phone program should I use...should i go ahead and invest in a mini-card (Kingston 4g)? what is a good bluetooth headset...where can I get the 2400 battery...what type of case should I get...should I sync it with my Vista Laptop or my XP Home desktop? I think I have asked enough so looking forward for your answers...thanks

Earl
    There's an app that you can install which should be the first installed that lets you quarantine new apps until you try them out and check for bugs. It can also restore your Treo to OEM state, without a hard reset. Help me out here, folks; can't remember the name.
    Uninstall Manager
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Uninstall Manager
    there's another one that I'm thinking about but I'm too lazy to do the research. 755p

Look here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145202
    Last edited by 842867; 12/17/2007 at 12:43 AM.