1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to find Versamail 4.0 (the version on the Centro) in a form that it can be installed on the 680 or other devices?
    I have it working on my Treo 650.
    But there are too many files. If someone wants - contact me on ICQ and we could put together an archive of whats needed
    ahsirg:
    Does it run fine on your 650 without any crashes? How much ram does it take up? Are these hacked files from a Centro? I would love to have it for my 650.
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Could you post a list with all files that are actually required?

Thanks.
    Yes. it runs fine and i sometimes check email using it and write some messages. Although i havent tested it with Exchange or that stuff.

The file list is attached. Use at your own risk. It could be not a full list, as i've created a custom rom to use in my 650 will all the needed files

Are these hacked files from a Centro?
    I could tell you but then I would have to kill you :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    ahsirg, I'm working on trying to get the latest version of Versamail on my 650. Any chance of you sharing your custom ROM as you mentioned? I am comfortable with creating custom ROMs so I can search within your working custom ROM to try and find the files that I think I will need.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Yes. it runs fine and i sometimes check email using it and write some messages. Although i havent tested it with Exchange or that stuff.

The file list is attached. Use at your own risk. It could be not a full list, as i've created a custom rom to use in my 650 will all the needed files

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you :-)
    That is a long list of files! What are the features we get in going from 3.5.2 to 4.0?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Has anyone been able to find Versamail 4.0 (the version on the Centro) in a form that it can be installed on the 680 or other devices?
    Do you have this answered already. I applied the recet Centro Versamail upate to my wife's 680 and it seems fine. She can now sync the gmail IMAP server directly.

Christopher
    Last edited by puyi; 02/16/2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi View Post
    Do you have this answered already. I applied the recet Centro Versamail upate to my wife's 680 and it seems fine. She can now sync the gmail IMAP server directly.

Christopher
    Is there an update for just Versamail that was developed for the Centro that can be applied to the 680? Can you give some details on where to get that updater and how to apply it? Sounds very interesting.

I found this link http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...m4updater.html
    Your telling us that it can be run from a 680 and installed with no problems?!
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. I applied the update intended for the Centro to my wife's 680.
    Our IT guy installed the Centro / Versamail update today OTA on his 680. (I didn't have the guts to try it 1st)
    It works just fine, no problems at all, and now can access Gmail via IMAP.
    Probably gonna do the update to my 680 tonight / tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can revert to 3.5, or the original 680 versioin if you don't like the 4.0 on the treo?
    Last edited by ILBandit; 02/25/2008 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    Our IT guy installed the Centro / Versamail update today OTA on his 680. (I didn't have the guts to try it 1st)
    It works just fine, no problems at all, and now can access Gmail via IMAP.
    Probably gonna do the update to my 680 tonight / tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can revert to 3.5, or the original 680 versioin if you don't like the 4.0 on the treo?
    It should just update the ram files, so if you have a backup program you should be able to fall back -- or you could just delete any new or modified vmail files in your ram. There are probably a large number of updates, you'd have to be careful if you're doing it manually.

I get gmail via imap with the current ver 3.x, can you not connect? I can't sync the trash folder as gmail does this differently, that is my only problem.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I'm the IT guy that Installed the Updated Centro versamail on My 680 , The list of Issues is TOO long ... Worst of all Its Very Slow Loading Email... I'm Back to 3.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It should just update the ram files, so if you have a backup program you should be able to fall back -- or you could just delete any new or modified vmail files in your ram. There are probably a large number of updates, you'd have to be careful if you're doing it manually.

I get gmail via imap with the current ver 3.x, can you not connect? I can't sync the trash folder as gmail does this differently, that is my only problem.
    I have 3.5.2 on my 680. Is it worth going to 3.5.5 and how might I get there?