1.    #1  
    I was playing around on the palm.com website and ran across this page:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pdate/att.html

I know nothing to be excited about old 1.09 rom update instructions, but take a look at the picture where they tell you to see if you need to update your rom. I noticed it says:

Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT

Has it always said that? I don't recall. Could it be a slip in prep for a new firmware release soon? Probably nothing big, but I thought it was interesting.

Here's just the image itself:

http://www.palm.com/us/images/suppor...honescreen.gif
    (Image just a link from palms website)
    Last edited by D-Caf; 12/11/2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added info about image
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    You have a good eye. I checked the properties of the image and it was created today. Maybe something is coming soon.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  3.    #3  
    Lucky timing on my part I guess, I just figured I'd try a search on their support site to see if anything came up. This isn't something I do on a regular basis. Nothing really did, but a link to the firmware update page, but just as I was going to close the window I noticed the image. Here's crossing fingers...
    Update is supposedly coming soon.

See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154346

The only thing is the date was delayed from October...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...esta77/680.jpg

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Right, knew it was supposed to be coming out in October, but delayed, was hopping this was a sign of sooner soon vs later soon (does that really make any sense?).
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    Right, knew it was supposed to be coming out in October, but delayed, was hopping this was a sign of sooner soon vs later soon (does that really make any sense?).
    It does and I think the answer is: imminent

Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post

False?
    imminent
    im·mi·nent /ˈɪmənənt/ Pronunciation[im-uh-nuhnt]
    –adjective
    1. likely to occur at any moment; impending:
    I was thinking that it was more or less...absolutely true? (and in this case, the secondary meaning of looming and threatening is also accurate as it kills your BB support.

Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    lol

Actually, I'm very jealous you guys get MP3 ringer support now...Sprint Centro doesn't have it yet

Actually... It refuses to install on my custom rom...
    Will try tomorrow to see how to fake the -ATT check ...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    It won't work for me. It'll reset the device, but when it finishes the PALM loading screen, it loses the hotsynch connection somehow. I guess I'll have to do the SD Card Install? Will NV Backup backup *everything*, so that restoring afterwards is just a simple couple of clicks?

Could it be something to do with the fact that while I've got ATT-1.09, my firmware is R01.34? My phone is technically an AT&T phone, but all the branding has been removed and stuff like that. Is it still a good idea for me to install it?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It does and I think the answer is: imminent
    LOL, ok the one day I go snooping around there website to see if there are any clues, that's the day they are actually releasing it.

Cool, have to go download and install!