1.    #1  
    Apaprently the built in card reader on my Dell 700m cannot read SD HC cards. Anyone using an external USB reader and a SD HC card on Windows XP? Recomendations? My fiance got me a 4gig SD HC card for me to laod up with mp3s and we're leving for a long trip on Thurs mornin and I want to ahve it loaded up.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    If you google XP hotfix SDHC youll find the fix for your reader.

I had the same problem with my built in card reader on my Dell laptop. I think I have the file but the file I think it is isnt named properly and I dont want to give you the wrong one.

Im sure youll find it if you google it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3.    #3  
    Dell had a new driver for the reader that SUPPOSEDLY fixed the problem, no luck. Is the XP hotfix different from updateing the card reader firmware/driver?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    If I remember correctly I d-ld it from MS not Dell. So yes I believe its different.
    There is no spoon.
    any luck?
    There is no spoon.
    I got a 4 gb hcsd card and reader usb for $40. It works great.

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
  7.    #7  
    I gave up and bout an external reader.
    Dave
    I took the file name and googled it and it IS the correct file for the hotfix.

Im posting a link to it for anyone else that finds this thread and needs help.

http://thehotfixshare.net/download/i...v4-x86-ENU.exe

Good luck

NOTE: Make sure you restart after youve installed it.
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 12/15/2007 at 08:48 PM.
    There is no spoon.