1.    #1  
    The dialing experience on my new Cetro is severely hampered, by, what I guess is the funcion to pull up a matching record from the contact, which is slow given that I have over 6K contacts. Same problem on incoming. It rings too long and sends it voicemail.

Thankt
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jigokudani View Post
    The dialing experience on my new Cetro is severely hampered, by, what I guess is the funcion to pull up a matching record from the contact, which is slow given that I have over 6K contacts. Same problem on incoming. It rings too long and sends it voicemail.

Thankt
    6,000 contacts? Wow, that is a lot! I have around 800 and have noticed no lag problem at all. In fact, I would say it's snappier than my 650 was at looking up this info.

By the way, I'm not sure what you mean by "It rings too long and sends it to voicemail".
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    I wouldn't know either because I thought I had a lot of contacts with about 850. 6000 contacts may slow it down but with 850 I don't notice a lag at all.
    damn.. 6k? thats a lot of people...busy busy huh? lol
  5.    #5  
    Sorry for the typos in prior post...
    What I meant was that it takes too long to actually ring...hangs with a prompt to pick up the phone and then takes a while to display incoming number.

In any case, the question is...is there anyway to turn off the matching function without deleting my contacts completely?
    Thanks!