1.    #1  
    It seems like there are lots of choices for outliner/planning software: Brainforest, ShadowPlan, Bonsai, Progect, etc. etc. (what am I missing?) and each is a little different from the other. Any opinions on which is the best? I'm looking for something that integrates well w/ Datebk4 and that also works on the desktop (preferrably integrates w/ Palm desktop software--but is this too much to ask?). Any suggestions/advice?
    'best' is quite subjective.

Progect is my personal favorite, but it does not work on the desktop (thought, apparently, there are plans to have it interface with MS Project.)
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Listmaker (at www.synergysolutions.com) allows for an "outline" structure, although it does not have numbering. I use it daily for a variety of things. No desktop currently, although supposedly in the works.
    Try Arranger. It integrates with DateBk4 in addition to other ToDo/Memo/Address programs. I bought it after trying out some of the others.

Wk
    Shadow Plan is very good. It will be even better if or when they have a desktop component.
    i registered shadowplan about a week ago and it is most excellent. the author ensures me that he is working on a desktop component.

mc
    Anybody used Bonsai?
    Haaa More confused than ever huh.
    I use Bonsai now and like it very much. I also own and have used Shadow. I resently moved to Bonsai because 1) the desktop (I know Shadow is workin gon this but I neeeded it now. 2) Printing from the Palm side. 3) At the time, multiple types of branches (To Do, Task, Note) 4) Bonsai (to me) has a cleaner interface. I could just be the user experience, but It seemed as though Shadow is developing so fast that functionality is taking a back seat to features. Bonsai offers me the features I need in a nice, easy to use program.
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    Originally posted by dshorter
    Anybody used Bonsai?

i have. it's quite good. however, the desktop portion kept crashing on me (windows 98). this was rather annoying. as a result i tried shadow (which doesn't have a desktop yet but it's coming). since i wasn't able to use the desktop version of bonsai anyway, i decided to register shadow as it was almost half the price. its functionality has been tops.

mc
    Originally posted by lpas304
    Any suggestions/advice?
    Shadow suits me, it's very flexible but also easy to use.

Releases happen quite often so fetures you want often seem to be added very quickly.

Kev.