Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well, I thought everything was working fine with the old Treo, as I was able to accept and place calls, from myself. There is no earpiece volume and no one can hear me. I didn't realize this until I tried to accept a call from someone other than me calling myself from my house phone. I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. So I will keep the new Treo. I came thisclose to fixing the old one, though. I activated the new phone and added insurance this evening.

Thanks again for all the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Well, I thought everything was working fine with the old Treo, as I was able to accept and place calls, from myself. There is no earpiece volume and no one can hear me. I didn't realize this until I tried to accept a call from someone other than me calling myself from my house phone. I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. So I will keep the new Treo. I came thisclose to fixing the old one, though. I activated the new phone and added insurance this evening.

Thanks again for all the input.
    If the new phone is the same as the old phone (both 755s) just put in the card and restore.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If the new phone is the same as the old phone (both 755s) just put in the card and restore.
    Rick,
    That's what I did, and it worked fine. I had contacted BlueNomad (BackupBuddyVFS) and they suggested doing a hard reset before restoring, which I did do. This is the easiest move from one phone to another that I've ever done, even though I didn't want to do it quite this way...

Again, thanks for the help.
    Sounds like too much water got in the speaker/mic holes and did some damage.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Sounds like too much water got in the speaker/mic holes and did some damage.
    That could be. Well, I did everything I could to resuscitate the thing. I just applied the 'Invisible Shield' to the new one this afternoon. I hadn't used this product before - it gives the Treo a shiny, bluer look. I'll see how it holds up over time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12