1.    #1  
    I've been searching for answer forever and haven't found one yet. Help!

My wife's 755p will randomly try to hotsync itself. It'll be sitting on the kitchen counter untouched, then the hotsync starts and waits for a connection. Then it fails (because it's not connected to anything). This happens at least once a day.

The phone's never been hotsynced to a computer.

How do we turn this off??

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
  2.    #2  
    Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    My 700p has started to do that, and only because my little 1 yr old daughter likes to put the bottom end of the phone in her mouth ... I suspect she's shorting two pins on the connector together, making the Treo think the button on an attached HotSync cable was pressed. It would keep looping, and the only way out is to do a hard reset and restore from backup.

It sounds like a pretty new phone. Take it in to Sprint and see if they'll give you a new one. I would advise getting a miniSD card and some software to backup your data to the card.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the advice!
    Obvious question here...

Did you happen to install any software that would allow for a scheduled hotsync?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Obvious question here...

Did you happen to install any software that would allow for a scheduled hotsync?
    It's a fair question.

She has never installed any software on her treo. It has never been connected to a computer, either.