Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I have been using a 700p and have been one of the few remaining happy customers. I have SERO through SPRINT that I purchased last April.

I had my original 700p replaced this summer because the headset jack died. They replaced it with a new one. Good to go.

I live in the Indianapolis area and about three weeks ago my 700p started dropping calls...all the time. I mean it is dropping more calls than it is letting through.

I have not added new software in months (seriously). I have not dropped the phone. I never did the SR update (does Sprint send out replacement phones with the SR update already on it?). And yet, my phone is approaching worthlessness (well, for the "phone" part anyway. the rest is great).

First, any idea why this happened? Why would it start dropping calls out of nowhere? Is this a 700p issue?

Second, is this something Spring will fix for me? Can I take it by a store and get it fixed or replaced?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Kaivorb
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I have been using a 700p and have been one of the few remaining happy customers. I have SERO through SPRINT that I purchased last April.

I had my original 700p replaced this summer because the headset jack died. They replaced it with a new one. Good to go.

I live in the Indianapolis area and about three weeks ago my 700p started dropping calls...all the time. I mean it is dropping more calls than it is letting through.

I have not added new software in months (seriously). I have not dropped the phone. I never did the SR update (does Sprint send out replacement phones with the SR update already on it?). And yet, my phone is approaching worthlessness (well, for the "phone" part anyway. the rest is great).

First, any idea why this happened? Why would it start dropping calls out of nowhere? Is this a 700p issue?

Second, is this something Spring will fix for me? Can I take it by a store and get it fixed or replaced?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Kaivorb
    Sounds like you need to do a RTN reset. That usually fixes these problems. You will need to know both your MSID, and MSL. If it happens when roaming, a PRL update may take care of it. Sprint store will make one call with it, and tell you they can't duplicate the problem.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thanks. How do I go about doing this? Can I do a search for it? And where do I find those numbers?

I was worried about the Spring store thing. I figured they would say they couldn't replicate it (even though it happens like 75% of the time). I figured I would get screwed.

Thanks for the help.

K--
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Does RTN stand for "Return To New"? I'm having trouble figuring out how to look this up.

Any more info to help me out? Thanks.

K--
    A couple things--

1. Sprint started offering their femtocell unit recently in Indy - perhaps this might be part of the cause.

2. Is the dropping happening everywhere or just in one general location? Sometimes they add a site and not all the info gets updated in all the sites simultaneously, preventing soft handoffs.

3. Try calling *2 and ask for a PRL update. You have to call *2 again after they set it up and your phone will update. Then all should be good.

4. Other causes: Red (power) key stuck, short in corded headset, faulty bluetooth headset, case pressing against keyboard. Try eliminating these causes first.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I have been having this problems for months. I finally got someone at Sprint to help and she "reauthorized" my phone??? So far, so good.