1.    #1  
    Is there a way to do this on the centro? I just hate to have to purchase ringers for absurd amounts, if I can get software to use my own songs.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I haven't tried it, but I've read others who like "Minitones - Freeware application makes it easy to convert MP3 files into ringtones."
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded it, but on the centro, it shows a blank page, not sure how to use it. Cant figure out how to select a song
    You need to have a SD card with mp3's on it for it to find them. Try RingoPro if you dont mind spending cash. Works better than Minitones IMHO
    You could just use any old sound editing program to clip out the bit you want as your ringtone, save it as a .wav file, and email it to yourself or upload it to a website, then download it in blazer.

There's really no need to buy a 3rd-party app if you have a clue.
    www.funformobile.com

This site will solve your ringtone problems. There is a help center on the right and shows you how to make a ringtone software included. Then just upload and send to phone. Pretty easy.

I make all my own ringtones now. I can make any mp3 into a ringtone
    minitones works for my broke wallet.

only does mp3 though. easy to navigatea, made a few cool ringers I use.

buying tones is a huge ripoff when you have free minitones
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Peeps,
    Some of the info given is a lil basic. Here are the facts. A Treo 700 series or in this case Centro can only use files with extension AAC or M4A as ringtones or alerts. MP3's can be used with a third party app like Ringo.
    So how does one make a ringtone from a MP3.
    1. Well you can be silly and buy a third party app like a ringtone converter or use a MP3 you have and upload it to http://www.makeownringtone.com/
    2. Set you trim points (where you want to begin and where you want the file to end).
    3. From pulldown menu select AAC and I use 32 bit. Then download and rename file to whatever you like but keep the AAC extension.
    4. I use the rumkin uploader to upload file to my phone http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
    5. Once you get text message to phone download and save to ringtones and then enjoy.

There are other ways to make ringtones using Quicktime pro and renaming the file to M4a but the AAC extension does work in the SOund manager program on the Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    You could just use any old sound editing program to clip out the bit you want as your ringtone, save it as a .wav file, and email it to yourself or upload it to a website, then download it in blazer.

There's really no need to buy a 3rd-party app if you have a clue.
    I agree. Audacity is a great sound-editing program...and it's free!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I agree! Audacity and Rumkin.com are a great combo for making your own ring tones.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    I agree! Audacity and Rumkin.com are a great combo for making your own ring tones.
    I didn't know about Rumkin. That's nice to have an uploader available over the web...thanks!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Ok, so I followed the advice of the guys who said to simply save the section as a .wav file and email it to myself and all that. I've gotten that far.

The problem I'm having is that once I get to where I can download the .wav file on my centro, the file is too big and it says something to the effect of "data timed out" and I've tried it several times... The file I'm using isn't even that big. Is there something I can do? Thanks for any suggestions!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    search google for myxer tones
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbye22 View Post
    Ok, so I followed the advice of the guys who said to simply save the section as a .wav file and email it to myself and all that. I've gotten that far.

The problem I'm having is that once I get to where I can download the .wav file on my centro, the file is too big and it says something to the effect of "data timed out" and I've tried it several times... The file I'm using isn't even that big. Is there something I can do? Thanks for any suggestions!
    Rather than emailing it to yourself, try uploading the file at rumkin.com and send it that way. Also, try saving it as an mp3 file and then upload and send it.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Try RingCare! It gives you the ability to use just about any MP3 as a ringtone plus it has a Desktop component so you can create your own ringtones for your music collection.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by qballnyc View Post
    Peeps,
    Some of the info given is a lil basic. Here are the facts. A Treo 700 series or in this case Centro can only use files with extension AAC or M4A as ringtones or alerts. MP3's can be used with a third party app like Ringo.
    So how does one make a ringtone from a MP3.
    1. Well you can be silly and buy a third party app like a ringtone converter or use a MP3 you have and upload it to http://www.makeownringtone.com/
    2. Set you trim points (where you want to begin and where you want the file to end).
    3. From pulldown menu select AAC and I use 32 bit. Then download and rename file to whatever you like but keep the AAC extension.
    4. I use the rumkin uploader to upload file to my phone http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
    5. Once you get text message to phone download and save to ringtones and then enjoy.

There are other ways to make ringtones using Quicktime pro and renaming the file to M4a but the AAC extension does work in the SOund manager program on the Centro.
    Everytime I do this...it will DL the ringer, and open it in my Voice Memo's... Then when I "copy to ringtone" it cuts what I wanted in half? I have tried this over and over and even if I add extended dead air after my music spot, it still cuts my tone...

Why cant I get this to work??
    hmmmm??
    Try this link. Found it at sprintusers.com. I had my ringtones up and running and on my phone in less than 5 minutes. I love this site.

http://www.mobilereelz.com/
    That one worked!!

I was beginning to thing that there was a PEBKAC error somewhere.

Minitones works perfectly for me...any song I have I can turn into a ringtone and there are plenty of free ways to download mp3s for free and then turn them into ringtones....minitones is awesome in my book. Funformobile.com comes in second.