Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    He is using the telenav with his a920, so he would need a receiver... which can be found on ebay for around 50 bucks shipped.....You can sometimes fnd a good bundle deal....but since i already had the garmin softeware, i didnt look to hard for the bundles....
    I got my holux m1200 Monday. I have been playing with the past two days. I works great with garmin. NO lag or anything. It reroutes quick, shows the construction and traffic areas. It does everything I hoped it would. I am very happy with it. The us map is just under a gig for the 2008 version. But is well worth the space on the card...Any questions, post a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I got my holux m1200 Monday. I have been playing with the past two days. I works great with garmin. NO lag or anything. It reroutes quick, shows the construction and traffic areas. It does everything I hoped it would. I am very happy with it. The us map is just under a gig for the 2008 version. But is well worth the space on the card...Any questions, post a way.
    Is this a SiRF III, and I was under the impression you had to use Garmin's GPS with their software? I know their older version of the Palm software would only work with the GPS shipped with the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Is this a SiRF III, and I was under the impression you had to use Garmin's GPS with their software? I know their older version of the Palm software would only work with the GPS shipped with the software.
    It is the MTK chip. I couldnt decide on a SiRF or the new MTK, I went with the MTK after reading alot. I really dont think there is much difference in the two. Other than the battery life. Which is like double the time on the MTK. The sensitivity of it is great. It will track me all of the place, just walking. It is right on, the whole time! In the car it gives me the speed within a mile or two an hour. It even works inside....

The latest software is compatible with pretty much any receiver, it seems. But I can def. confirm that it works with the M1200. And works good..I can recommend this receiver...
    Does anyone know wht external device to use and if telenv works on the centro?
    Just about any Bluetooth GPS should work. I used to use the Telenav service on my old 650 and used the GPS that Telenav sold, which was a rebadged GlobalSat BT-338.

Look at their website to see the specs of the Bluetooth GPS that they sell, and try to match their specs as closely as you can, especially with respect to NMEA protocol support:
    http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/btgps/

According to Telenav's website, the Centro is now supported:
    http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/devices/sprint.html
    Last edited by jae_63; 01/30/2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add link to Telenav Bluetooth GPS
    It is the MTK chip. I couldnt decide on a SiRF or the new MTK, I went with the MTK after reading alot. I really dont think there is much difference in the two. Other than the battery life. Which is like double the time on the MTK. The sensitivity of it is great. It will track me all of the place, just walking. It is right on, the whole time! In the car it gives me the speed within a mile or two an hour. It even works inside....

The latest software is compatible with pretty much any receiver, it seems. But I can def. confirm that it works with the M1200. And works good..I can recommend this receiver...
    How is the volume on the Garmin software? Is it easy to use with the touch screen? Their first Palm version of the software left a LOT to be desired. You couldn't really use the touchscreen as the buttons/icons were too small.

Are you paying extra for the construction/traffic data? I know Garmin has a plan that includes that information but I don't way to pay for it.
    And how do you buy the Garmin software? Semsons.com sells it for $80 if you buy it bundled with a GPS for $40 or more. I don't see any way to buy the software alone.

How much did you pay for the software?
    How is the volume on the Garmin software? Is it easy to use with the touch screen? Their first Palm version of the software left a LOT to be desired. You couldn't really use the touchscreen as the buttons/icons were too small.

Are you paying extra for the construction/traffic data? I know Garmin has a plan that includes that information but I don't way to pay for it.
    The volume is not to bad...The only thing is the speak is on the back of the phone and I was proping it up on a bundled up coat, so that muffled it alittle, but a good holder or something would do a better job and leave the speak more open....I dont know about the traffic. It just asked me if I wanted to connect to the internet.....Having the data plan I said go ahead....

I found the software and maps online....You just have to look around.....anything can be found if you look hard enough.....
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So whats the verdict? Does the Centro have GPS ready chip dormant and waiting for firmware update to enable it?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

The new Mobile XT works GREAT on the centro. Really loud, the POI icons are small though... I just use GoogleMaps for traffic..its free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The new Mobile XT works GREAT on the centro. Really loud, the POI icons are small though... I just use GoogleMaps for traffic..its free!
    I'm not sure this would do the trick for me. When I'm driving I can't be going from Garmin navigation to GoogleMaps for traffic updates, then trying to go back into Garmin to ask it to route around. I was looking for something a little more seemless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    So whats the verdict? Does the Centro have GPS ready chip dormant and waiting for firmware update to enable it?
    The MSM6500 in the Centro has Qualcomm's GPSOne capability to comply with e911 so it is possible that Palm could unlock the features, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I'm not sure this would do the trick for me. When I'm driving I can't be going from Garmin navigation to GoogleMaps for traffic updates, then trying to go back into Garmin to ask it to route around. I was looking for something a little more seemless.
    I just checked my garmin and it has traffic for free.
    Isn't that a free trial for a subscription though?
    I didn't see anywhere where it is a trial or anything. I looks like it is just included. As long as you have the data plan you should be fine.....
    IDK, I have a Nuvi and traffic is free but I thought I read somewhere it was a trial? Same as mine, it was just there, I guess if you didn't give them a credit card or something you should be all set with Garmin. There wouldn't be a fee from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I didn't see anywhere where it is a trial or anything. I looks like it is just included. As long as you have the data plan you should be fine.....
    Hi Lilmexx, please check your private messages. Thanks!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    The MSM6500 in the Centro has Qualcomm's GPSOne capability to comply with e911 so it is possible that Palm could unlock the features, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I'm still bitter about this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123