1.    #1  
    i had volumecare but theres got to be a free program out there that does at least half of what it does anyone??
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdrummer82 View Post
    i had volumecare but theres got to be a free program out there that does at least half of what it does anyone??
    You know, I finally got around to trying the trial version of Volume Care Pro on my Centro. Honestly, I really didn't notice that much improvement. Now I only tested it with Earpiece volume and it just didn't seem improvement enough to justify paying for. I really don't have a problem with the current volume, just thought I knock it up a notch or two to see how it sounded.

I also increased the microphone volume (used recommend values) and I tested it by leaving myself a voicemail on my landline. I left 2 messages, a "before" and "after" message. When I used the recommend value, the message on the answering machine was a little distorted (like it was too loud) but when I used it without the Volume care setting, it sounded normal.

Once again I learned.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    There is a free app called PumpUpTheVolume v 1.0.

It only increases the global ringer volume. It does not do what VolumeCare does.

I don't know if PumpUpTheVolume will work on a Centro. I think PUTV is available at freewarepalm.com. Otherwise you will have to search for it.

I ran into a strange problem with Volumecare. On my centro vol care works great. On my wifes centro it actually made the volume quieter than without volume care installed. The previous poster was right the centro is pretty loud without VC. Really if I hadn't already bought it I wouldn't pay for it to use with the centro.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    PhoneTechnician has a similar feature to boost the volume (into the red zone a.k.a. past "10"). It also boost the speakerphone volume too.

Hobbyist Software is great about constantly releasing product updates & bugfixes. It'll continue to function with a nag screen but I'd HIGHLY recommend supporting a small developer like Rob @ Hobbyist and registering the app.

It does so much more than VolumeCare and is rock solid stable on both a 755p and 700p that I've personally tested it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    PhoneTechnician has a similar feature to boost the volume (into the red zone a.k.a. past "10"). It also boost the speakerphone volume too.
    I've thought about trying that one too, haven't done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Hobbyist Software is great about constantly releasing product updates & bugfixes. It'll continue to function with a nag screen but I'd HIGHLY recommend supporting a small developer like Rob @ Hobbyist and registering the app.
    I already purchased Butler but I'm staying with version 4.51. Looks like all the upgrades since then have a lot of issues.
    FWIW: I bought VolumeCare when I was using a 650 and I felt it really helped a lot and was worth the money). Since I bought the Centro, I haven't found that I needed to "crank it to eleven" (i.e. more volume)