1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get pop ups, spam, and or Trojan viruses on the 755???
    The reason I'm asking is, because I was going to do some on line banking today,
    and when I went to the main page it directed me to another page that had absolutly nothing to do with my bank.
    and now that raises a question...
    how safe is it to use your the internet on the treo for sensitive material such as banking
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    Is it possible to get pop ups, spam, and or Trojan viruses on the 755???
    No pop ups or viruses on a Palm OS device.

ie: 650, 680, 700p, 755 and Centro.

Spam, yes, through your email.

3.    #3  
    so it is safe to do on-line banking?>???
    thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    As safe as it is with your desktop. Which to me isn't very safe at all. But some people are more than confortable with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    so it is safe to do on-line banking?>???
    thanks a lot
    Eh...I always feel better doing it at a desktop, but that's just me. Does your bank offer a mobile banking site? The phone might better format a mobile site and offer special security measures due to using a mobile browser.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    Eh...I always feel better doing it at a desktop, but that's just me. Does your bank offer a mobile banking site? The phone might better format a mobile site and offer special security measures due to using a mobile browser.

Yes it does.

the only thing that is kind of weird is... that I have never seen a pop up on my treo.... now out of nowhere, I have gotten 2 of them.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i think you should knock on your bank's tekkie dept door about that. banks doing pop ups seems a little suspicious.

i use my 755 for all of my banking and feel comfortable.

when i go to a site that i know to expect popups on my treo, i get another page first - then back up to get to the page i want...
    Well my two cents is to find out what encyption level does your bank offer for mobile banking.. anything less then 128 is not recommended.

Also it has been well proven that doing your banking online is safer than doing your banking in public. With 128bit and now 256bit encryption there little to no way for someone to steal your info.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Well my two cents is to find out what encyption level does your bank offer for mobile banking.. anything less then 128 is not recommended.

Also it has been well proven that doing your banking online is safer than doing your banking in public. With 128bit and now 256bit encryption there little to no way for someone to steal your info.
    Yet.