Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I think you would copyright different translations of the Bible. Just a guess, though.
    An aspect of copyright law I'd not considered. thanks.

Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Yep. Actually, I've heard that to copyright anything you have created/translated, you just put "Copyright, Year, Name," on the text, and BAM!, copyrighted. Or at least, it's almost that simple.
    Technically anything you put down is copyrighted as of that instant, and though you don't have to identify it as being copyrighted, you should in order to have some protection under the law.
    To get even more protection, send it to the Library of Congress and get it registered with the copyright office.
    (This has nothing to do with inventorb -- that's a whole other sheet of vinyl)

pretty sure Peracto owns the copyright on our posts for permitting our use of the boards -- moderator? li'l help?
    (this is going waaay off topic ...)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    pretty sure Peracto owns the copyright on our posts for permitting our use of the boards -- moderator? li'l help?
    (this is going waaay off topic ...)
    No, you still own the copyright (at least I don't remember any verbiage reliquishing it in a user's agreement). You're just giving them the permission to post it here.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I plan on skipping copyrighting the Bible and just filing a patent for a product which protects it from Satan's dark angel's & scratches, it will be called a Nativity Screen Protector and will be a simple piece of clear plastic.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Toby
    No, you still own the copyright (at least I don't remember any verbiage reliquishing it in a user's agreement). You're just giving them the permission to post it here.
    danke, wasn't clear to me even after re-reading the policy.

Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    I plan on skipping copyrighting the Bible and just filing a patent for a product which protects it from Satan's dark angel's & scratches, it will be called a Nativity Screen Protector and will be a simple piece of clear plastic.
    LOL!
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Ababall!
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Rather than repeat other entries on the killer apps listed in this thread, I just want to add one: SuperMemo. It's a flashcard program that repeats learned material less frequently and unlearned material more frequently (based on answers you grade A through F), so you don't waste time rehashing material you've already memorized. It's been great for learning Spanish.

If Maple Top Software could add reverse tests to the program (e.g. Spanish/English, English/Spanish), it would be perfect. Currently, you have to reverse each database and save it as a new database, doubling the amount of memory the items have to take up, not to mention the additional work. But it's the best memorization tool out there.
    For me the killer app is:

PenScript (http://www.marathondc.com/PalmPS.htm)

It's a real shame they lost the licences on some of the features. I used it all the time in lectures and so on to take notes, as you can draw diagrams or whatever in the middle of text. It doesn't do formatted text like Wordsmith and so doesn't sync with a standard file format, but it does have a viewer for Windows that lets you print out memos, copy text, save images as BMP, etc.

The other brilliant thing about PenScript is that you can either enter text with graffiti or a keyboard, or if you're too slow at graffiti (like me) and don't have your Stowaway at hand, you can just write between the lines. When you do that, it recognises where words begin and end and lets you select, move, cut, delete your handwritten words, and automatically makes the distinction between handwritten words and drawings. It's very clever.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    An aspect of copyright law I'd not considered. thanks.
    I try to avoid considering copyright law as much as I can!

My most killer apps are Wordsmith and iSilo. Wordsmith b/c can create Word documents out of the office. and iSilo b/c can save documents in a smaller, compressed format.
    Cant live without:

Phone Mate
    DateBook+
    Wordsleuth
    Doc to Go Pro plus datavis mail(it gets better all the time)
    bug Me
    MicroMoney (freeware)

I love:
    Bejeweled
    M-W Dictionary
    Pocket Vineyard
    translate (french, german, spanish)
    Patience Solitare Pack
    Browse it
    TG postman
    hackmaster plus da's
    Ababall... wow, that is truly amazing!! I cannot believe this game. I am totally blown away.

Also, pushing the envelope ones... at least for me...

Bejeweled
    WordSmith
    TinySheet
    Life Balance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12