Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    hows your missing sync trials with sync folder doin porkozone?
    sorry, I have not had a chance to test this out...in the meantime I somehere along the way got my saved preferences database screwed up (or was it the unsaved?). Anyway, I ended up having to hard reset and reinstall everything...

I should say that pretty much everything else seems to work fine with Missing Sync though...I don't use the iTunes conduit, but the photos conduit seems to put stuff on the card fine, and grabs images off the card (after upgrading to the latest version) fine. The latest version of MS is a little more annoying to me overall than the previous version, but technically it works right. I just haven't tried the folder sync yet with my Centro.

I'll TRY to play around with it tonight, but that may be too late for your decision...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    sorry, I have not had a chance to test this out...in the meantime I somehere along the way got my saved preferences database screwed up (or was it the unsaved?). Anyway, I ended up having to hard reset and reinstall everything...

I should say that pretty much everything else seems to work fine with Missing Sync though...I don't use the iTunes conduit, but the photos conduit seems to put stuff on the card fine, and grabs images off the card (after upgrading to the latest version) fine. The latest version of MS is a little more annoying to me overall than the previous version, but technically it works right. I just haven't tried the folder sync yet with my Centro.

I'll TRY to play around with it tonight, but that may be too late for your decision...sorry.
    i'll wait for that porkozone... there are some sites that have until midnight today i think (i hope)

good luck and thanks!
    Just did a couple quick tests, and the folder sync did seem to work like it used to...first I had more than 4gigs used on the card, and it correctly synced a folder on my iDisk straight to the card that contained 30 or so text files in various folders set to "desktop overwrites handheld".

I deleted a few things on the card and tried again with 3.52 gigs on the card. I changed a text file on the card and then sync'ed it back to the desktop. Worked fine. Then I deleted all the text files from the card, and did a "Desktop overwrites handheld" again. Seems fine.

So Missing Sync's folder synchronization seems to work fine on the 6gig card.

Edit: note that there were only a lot of very small text files that I synced...didn't try larger files.
    I really appreciate your tests porkozone... thanks so much...

but i have decided against buying the 6gb for now... i did have a $15 coupon to use at buy.com which would have let me get this for only $58 shipped. BUT i guess the crunch got into me and i decided to get another 4gb minisd card instead... the Kingston $23 one at buy.com... i felt better spending $8 for another 4gb card rather $60 which actually will increase my current card's capacity by just 2 gigs.

so in the end the thrifty side of me went for the $8 one. Maybe i will upgrade to an 8gb next time when that card comes down in price (and hopefully the new Palm Linux Treo would have been out by then )

THank you all for your help!!

Hopefully someone else found this thread useful..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12