1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm missing something simple her but on my old Treo when my calendar alarm fired it would repeat the chosen sound 3 times.

I set the repeat in the sound preferences to repeat 3 times but it does not seem to change this.

So is this the number of times it repeats after a snooze or is there something wrong with my Centro? If the former then how do you think I got it to repeat on my old Treo (I've looked and the settings seem to be the same)?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotson View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something simple her but on my old Treo when my calendar alarm fired it would repeat the chosen sound 3 times.

I set the repeat in the sound preferences to repeat 3 times but it does not seem to change this.

So is this the number of times it repeats after a snooze or is there something wrong with my Centro? If the former then how do you think I got it to repeat on my old Treo (I've looked and the settings seem to be the same)?
    Your right. I noticed the same thing. When I looked into the settings a little deeper I noticed that the option to "Play Sound" is missing. On my 650 you could set it to play once, twice, etc..., but that option is missing on the Centro.

The repeat option is how many times the alert will sound if you do not turn it off. In other words, it will play once every 5 minutes, or whatever length of time you set it to repeat. But it still only plays the alert once each time. (Does this make sense? )
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
  3.    #3  
    Yes. Thanks for the conformation. It's annoying that they removed the "repeat" option however.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    it's not ideal, but can't you record a new sound, by copying the existing sound 3 times, and use that as your alarm sound?
    I've been frustrated by this as well. I just don't understand why a feature like this would be removed.
    I used my 650 to wake up quite frequently. The 'Play X times' & 'repeat every X minutes' is essential. Plus the vibtate seems to be weaker. Any of you master palm programmers out there want to create a patch for this?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    You can read the description and download a freebie called Attention Grabber here. Here's a clip from the description, "It grabs your attention by emitting a beep, turning on the LED or vibrating periodically when you have pending alerts." I use this and have had no problems.
    I love this forum! Thanks dude.