1.    #1  
    It is a black cardboard mailer from Sprint. On the inside, it lists one of my phone lines, which recently went off contract. It then offers me my choice of a sanyo phone for $30, two months free service, or a centro for $99.99. The fine print under the centro offer reads "After instant savings of $300. Just extend your service agreement for two years."

I called the listed number yesterday to accept the offer. This led to about an hour and a half on the phone (mostly on hold) with five different people. They would not process my order. All of them questioned my eligibility for the offer. I offered to fax them a copy of the mailing, but they did not want to see it. They were very polite, and the last one said she would call me tomorrow (ie, today).

I am not really into the car dealer style haggling that Sprint likes to do in selling new phones, and don't want a deal I am not entitled to, but this is something they teach in the first week of Contracts; they made me a written offer (I have read the whole thing looking for any ambiguity), and I have accepted it. Why is this so complicated?

It is a fancy looking mailing, so I assume a lot of these went out. And a pretty good deal. Anyone had any luck getting Sprint to honor this offer?
    If you're out of contract, get a Sero plan, even betta. Thank Sprint for the Sero mailer.
  3.    #3  
    I am paying $65 a month for three lines, two with data, 700 minutes. What would Sero charge?
    Sero wouldn't be quite that good. Cheapest Sero is $30/mo perline with 500min, unlimited data/SMS (there's no family sharing on Sero) So best you could get for your 3 lines would be $90/mo for 1500 min.
    Ivew got 2 lines: unlimited text, unlimited nights @ 7, unlimited data, unlimited mobile, 1000 mins shared. For me its better than having 2 sero plans.(which is what i was going after)

$40 plan plus insurance.
    forgot to mention..someone offered to call me back once (when trying to get Sero plan) guess what? No one ever did...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlop212 View Post
    It is a black cardboard mailer from Sprint. On the inside, it lists one of my phone lines, which recently went off contract. It then offers me my choice of a sanyo phone for $30, two months free service, or a centro for $99.99. The fine print under the centro offer reads "After instant savings of $300. Just extend your service agreement for two years."
    Have you tried ordering the Centro on the Sprint website? That's what I did...

While I was not out-of-contract, I was eligible for a $150 equipment upgrade credit on one phone (Treo 650) and a $75 on the other (Treo 700p). When I contacted eCare to inquire about getting Centros, in two separate emails I was told that I was only eligible for a $75 discount for each line.

Their online store indicated I could get one at $99.99 ($399.99 - $150 upgrade credit - $100 instant discount - $50 web discount) and the other at $324.99 ($399.99 - $75).

I don't think you would have gotten that offer if you weren't eligible for it in one of their systems somewhere - just keep trying until you find out which one.
  8.    #8  
    They did not call me back. So I called back, and they processed the offer without a hassle. What a company ...
    i didnt know about Sero, but i guess thats what we have, kind of

thanks
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
  10.    #10  
    Well, as one might guess, I did not get the credit, and Sprint charged me $400 for the phone. I called them up and had real trouble explaining the situation until I remembered this thread. Brought it up on the computer screen, and read it to the operator. Got the credit right away (well, at least she said I will see it on the next bill; hence this post so I can read it to the next operator if the credit does not show up on the bill).