1.    #1  
    I'm getting really peeved. I registered my Centro using the MyCentro button on my handheld. I stupidly also said give me the free solitaire game. I have gone from having over 30 megs of RAM left, to only 24.1 now!! It has slowly been dropping each and every day. I even moved the stupid solitaire game to my card. I am losing roughly 1/2 to a meg every day. I'm really getting ticked.

Has anyone else noticed this after registering via MyCentro? Also, is there any way for me to figure out what exactly my handheld might be doing to be losing this memory? I now have a boatload of Addit crap on there, which frankly I don't want or need. I wouldn't mind retaining the manual from MyCentro, but I do not want to know about new games, news, or anything else. That's what I have OnDemand for.

Can anyone help me. Can I get rid of Addit? Why do the Palm devices insist on forcing stupid Addit on me??? I HATE ADDIT. And I'm convinced it's the cause of my problem, though I'm just guessing.

Can anyone please:

1) Help me to identify for sure what is causing me to lose mass amounts of memory and
    2) Help me delete Addit without causing errors and crashing on my device.

Also, please chime in if you have noticed similar behavior with your Centro. I know I'm not crazy. Please, someone join me in my pain (not that I want to wish it on anyone...just if you happen to be there already, step on up).
    There is another thread on this. I take it a hard reset won't get rid of it or those apps that return the Centro to a previous state? No, not RI. Maybe your phone is defective or something?
  3.    #3  
    A hard reset & restore does not get rid of it. It definitely happened after I registered. I'm so peeved.

And I saw another post specifically about Addit, but since I'm not 100% that is the issue, that was why I started one about memory loss. Did I miss another thread you are referring to?
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Do you have it set for automatically updating?
  5.    #5  
    Definitely not auto updating...I saw that from the Addit thread and made sure it was off.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    A hard reset & restore does not get rid of it. It definitely happened after I registered. I'm so peeved.

And I saw another post specifically about Addit, but since I'm not 100% that is the issue, that was why I started one about memory loss. Did I miss another thread you are referring to?
    Try clear Blazer and Google Map caches. I think the default limit on Blazer cache is 5 MB, so what you saw was within that limit. I forgot the Google Map cache size. You can turn off cache in Blazer completely and see if memory usage still increases.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I don't want to sound two dum but couldn't one of those uninstaller apps work since these were installed by the user or were they unlocked or unzipped or something?
    The best thing to do is to get software like Resco Explorer, list all the files, sort by date, and see which files are being changed daily and growing.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Make no mistake--My Centro/Addit Sync is evil. Using Palm Internals, I see that there is an alarm scheduled by My Centro for sometime in 1/2008. I presume this is some sort of auto update or update reminder (even though I turned off auto update).
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

I registered with MyCentro, and I got the Solitare game and the Files program. No memory leaks here. I don't have addit tho...maybe that's the culprit?
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I registered with MyCentro, and I got the Solitare game and the Files program. No memory leaks here. I don't have addit tho...maybe that's the culprit?
    In order for you to download Solitare OTA from Palm, Addit Sync was installed. If you tracked the memory usage before and after, it's over 2MBs. Solitare take a bit over 1MB, the balance goes to Addit Sync and all the temp files.

Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Make no mistake--My Centro/Addit Sync is evil. Using Palm Internals, I see that there is an alarm scheduled by My Centro for sometime in 1/2008. I presume this is some sort of auto update or update reminder (even though I turned off auto update).
    Yes, it's an update. Palm has a firmware update coming in January that will enable both GPS and EVDO Rev A.
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    In order for you to download Solitare OTA from Palm, Addit Sync was installed. If you tracked the memory usage before and after, it's over 2MBs. Solitare take a bit over 1MB, the balance goes to Addit Sync and all the temp files.
    Well in any case, I have no memory leak issues.
    Hi. Can you tell me where and how you got that christmas screen saver? Thanks!
    Yes, it's an update. Palm has a firmware update coming in January that will enable both GPS and EVDO Rev A.
    We will see if Palm actually release it on time and with everything that has been discussed on the forums. I will believe it when I see it. Palm does not have a good history when it comes to firmware releases.

The alarm I cited has nothing to to with the anticipated firmware udpate, I assure you. It is a scheduled update reminder. During the registration process, there is no way for the Centro to "know" that there is a firmware available on a specific date. If you look at the scheduled alarm on your device, I would guess it is a certain number of days from the last update, and at the same time when it was last updated.

In any event, I doubt that a firmware udpate for Palm will be done OTA, it would be too unreliable and take a long time. Non-PDA handsets are much simpler to OTA. Consider the people in 1xRTT areas...

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Hi. Can you tell me where and how you got that christmas screen saver? Thanks!
    PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you.
    [QUOTE=snovvman;1385539]We will see if Palm actually release it on time and with everything that has been discussed on the forums. I will believe it when I see it. Palm does not have a good history when it comes to firmware releases.

Sorry to revisit this old issue but I turned my 2 day old centro on this morning and had no memory to send a sms. I was down to 1m. I am back up to 5 after shifting and changing but I have less on this phone than I did on my 700p and it still has more programs on it. did anyone ever find a solution?
    Have you deleted your emails lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Have you deleted your emails lately?
    LOL, of course I did a hard reset and reloaded the palm software, adding a few apps at a time still at 50 for now