Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    ok, had the 755p for a bit and I've used nv backup for my 650 then my 700 and now 755p. and my backups are S.L.OW.W.W. !!!!!!!! Up to 40 minuets. T card is not a "series 6" I found out about this clasification system a day after I got my series 4 kingston.

    Am I doin somethin wrong?

    Are there other faster backup?
  2. #2  
    are you doing a full backup every time? Just update your current. It still should not take 40 minutes though.
  3. #3  
    I update mine quite often and it takes up to 10 minutes each time. When I did a new full backup the other day it took about 20 minutes. I got my wife a new Centro a few days ago and have been backing it up quite often as she and I keep adding or changing things. She has a 1gb SanDisk micro and it is lightening fast. I mean that litterally as last night I timed an update and it was done in 10 seconds. The full backup a few days ago took less than a minute. When I get back in town my Kingston card is waiting and I was sure hoping it was faster than the one I have now on my 755. Guess I can forget about that.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4. #4  
    I do a full backup every night at like 3 in the morning and Im using a class 4 kingston 4Gb mini. I never do partial backups ( I find a full is just easier in case anything happens ) But by making the backups at night while Im asleep I find I don't care how long it takes Im pretty sure even with almost full ram that it still only takes about 10 minutes to run a full backup using backupman.
  5. #5  
    I do mine at 3:30 am every night, I think it keeps the last 7 backups on a rotation schedule. I don't even notice them. I do full backups but have no idea how long they take. Plus I then have it back up to an FTP site that I have (what good is a backup if I lose the chip with the phone).
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  6. qwalls's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #6  
    I have NVBackup and Resco Backup run unattended at night, and I'll do maunal backups with Recso during the day if I make changes. Resco is much faster than NVBackup. Also a 1 GB FAT SD card will be faster in most cases than a 4 GB FAT32 Class 4 SDHC card, micro or regular.
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
  7. #7  
    Are you doing an FTP backup or something? You have the latest version 1.21 ov NVBackup?

    That sounds very odd... I have NVBackup running a full backup every night at it takes 2-3minutes max. Treo has about 30megs free memory. Also set to do a reboot after completed backup.
  8. #8  
    For reference - I do full backups only using NVBackup on a 2gb card that I bought from the Sprint store when my 755p first came out - my backsup takes just under 5 min closer to 4 min then to 5
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    Are you doing an FTP backup or something? You have the latest version 1.21 ov NVBackup?

    That sounds very odd... I have NVBackup running a full backup every night at it takes 2-3minutes max. Treo has about 30megs free memory. Also set to do a reboot after completed backup.
    bsquarewi,

    Did you ever use an earlier version of NVBackup before you used v1.21?

    If so, did you install the latest version right over the old - or did you uninstall the old version before you installed the new?

    Thanks!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by phalerider View Post
    ok, had the 755p for a bit and I've used nv backup for my 650 then my 700 and now 755p. and my backups are S.L.OW.W.W. !!!!!!!! Up to 40 minuets. T card is not a "series 6" I found out about this clasification system a day after I got my series 4 kingston.

    Am I doin somethin wrong?

    Are there other faster backup?
    Have you tried doing the same backup simply using a generic 2gb card to see if that changes the backup time?

    Although the 755p may be able to handle 4gb cards, from some of the post I've read, they seem to be slow.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    If so, did you install the latest version right over the old - or did you uninstall the old version before you installed the new?

    Thanks!
    I installed 1.21 right over the 1.18 (or 1.19, can't remember) when I updated last time with no problems at all
  12. #12  
    thanks - is it faster - or just more features

Posting Permissions