1.    #1  
    My 680 has started a new problem where periodically it will go for hours where it just won't turn off. When I hit the power button, I get a splash screen that say there is a " ## command " running and that I need to reset my device or stop the process before turning off. And NOTHING I do will get it to turn off, including a soft reset.

A hard reset fixes the problem, but after restoring my data with Backup Buddy, I'm back in the same predicament.

I have tried disabling everything that runs in the background including Volume Care, 2Playme, etc. and nothing I do fixes the behavior. Then after a few hours (if the battery doesn't die first), it will magically correct itself.

Anybody seen anything like this, or know enough about the OS to tell me what a ## command is?

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    My 680 has started a new problem where periodically it will go for hours where it just won't turn off. When I hit the power button, I get a splash screen that say there is a " ## command " running and that I need to reset my device or stop the process before turning off. And NOTHING I do will get it to turn off, including a soft reset.

A hard reset fixes the problem, but after restoring my data with Backup Buddy, I'm back in the same predicament.

I have tried disabling everything that runs in the background including Volume Care, 2Playme, etc. and nothing I do fixes the behavior. Then after a few hours (if the battery doesn't die first), it will magically correct itself.

Anybody seen anything like this, or know enough about the OS to tell me what a ## command is?

Mark
    Is the phone function on or off when this occurs?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=mhzimmer;1384144]My 680 has started a new problem where periodically it will go for hours where it just won't turn off. When I hit the power button, I get a splash screen that say there is a " ## command " running and that I need to reset my device or stop the process before turning off. And NOTHING I do will get it to turn off, including a soft reset.

I have not had this problem, but I think you should rule out any third party software conflicts by doing a hard reset and then re-naming your palm backup folder before hotsyncing to your computer. Do not install any 3rd party apps and don't restore your data through Back Up buddy. Run your Treo "stripped" for a day or so. If the problem goes away then you know you have a software conflict. If the problem comes back right away then you have a hardware issue. My guess is that you have a corrupt file that Backup Buddy or Hotsync keeps putting back after your hard resets. Good Luck. Let us know how things turn out.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
  4.    #4  
    Well after a few hours it finally fixed itself.

This is the 2nd time it happened. The 1st time, a hard reset followed by a Backup Buddy restore fixed it for several weeks. The 2nd time it happened, nothing I could do to stop it -- except for running the Treo stripped after a hard reset. But then it eventually stopped.

Right now all is well... so I'm just in a holding pattern.

My gut tells me it has something to do with ChatterEmail, since that's my most recent install, and it's a program that runs extensively in the background. But this is just a guess.

BTW, when the glitch occurred, it didn't matter whether the phone was on or off...

So does anyone know what a "##command" is?