1.    #1  
    I've had my centro for a week and a half. the "down" on the four way navigation suddenly stopped working. i don't have the sprint $4 repair program or the $7 insurance. what's the best way for me to go around this. will they send me a new one because im within my 30 days money back guarantee?

i've not bashed it or anything. been very careful with it. had a 650 and 600 for years with no problems...very odd.

thanks
    Last edited by swifty; 12/05/2007 at 08:39 AM.
    I'd go the 30 day route and sign up for that full coverage first. How many days are left? With the insurance it won't matter.
  3.    #3  
    so sign up for the $7 insurance and then file the claim? i have at leat 20 days left
    no. insurance doesn't work that way. you'd have to wait a certain amount of days before making a claim and I believe it's 30 days. I could be wrong about the amount but I know you can't just make the claim right away. Since you are certainly under the 30 day return policy take it into a sprint store (bring your receipt and everything that came with the phone. If you got it thru the mail bring your packing slip) and show them the probably. They should be able to swap it out for a brand new one.
    diane
    no. insurance doesn't work that way. you'd have to wait a certain amount of days before making a claim and I believe it's 30 days. I could be wrong about the amount but I know you can't just make the claim right away. Since you are certainly under the 30 day return policy take it into a sprint store (bring your receipt and everything that came with the phone. If you got it thru the mail bring your packing slip) and show them the problem. They should be able to swap it out for a brand new one.
    diane
    I think you're right if you're outside the 30 day window. If I bought the insurance on the first day and there is a problem, like Swifty has they have to cover you immediately. I don't see how they can say call us back in thirty days. Get the insurance regardless and first. Ten days sounds like enough time. I think going the 30 day exchange route is faster and easier than the insurance route.

I see what Diane is saying though, the insurance window could start on day 31 since you already have coverage but then again the 30 day policy doesn't include everything that is covered by the insurance. That's why I was thinking that way, I guess it depends on the issue. I have my own issues.
  7.    #7  
    ok great. so even if i dont have insurance you don't think they will kick up a fuss? i'll try it!