1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Centro (upgraded from Treo 650). So far I love it. I really do not like the annoying click sound the device makes just navigating around the Centro. Is there anyway to change that sound to other sounds (more pleasant clicks or sounds)? Thanks in advance (PS tried a search without any luck....).

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    you can turn them off in sounds

maybe a third party app can change the sound
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Can you turn them off without turning off all the sounds?

Also, anyone know of a third party software to change the keyboard click sounds? Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    TechSounds by Ecamm Network, LLC allows you to modify many system sounds (pen taps, key presses, HotSync begin and end, System reset, etc.). It also comes with a desktop utility to convert any MP3 or most other sound files into assignable system sounds. I personally turn most of the system sounds off, except for the system alert sound.

It should do what you want.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you. Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll check into it. I wish there was a way to do that within the POS, but this is one thing I like about POS...third party software! Thanks again.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sethpcs View Post
    TechSounds by Ecamm Network, LLC allows you to modify many system sounds (pen taps, key presses, HotSync begin and end, System reset, etc.). It also comes with a desktop utility to convert any MP3 or most other sound files into assignable system sounds. I personally turn most of the system sounds off, except for the system alert sound.

It should do what you want.
    That's a good recommendation. First post for you and already contributing--rather than asking something like "uh, duh, how do I do something that has been discussed a zillion times and if I only look three threads down there will be my answer..." Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
  7.    #7  
    I certainly hope my original question was not one of those "uh, Duh, ..." questions that has been discussed a zillion times before! I did try a search, but perhaps I searched for the wrong key words. Nonetheless, I appreciate the direction/suggestions given!

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Dana, I'm a long-time user here and I have often wondered exatly what you asked. And I've never seen it discussed on TC. So, no, you didn't ask a dumb question easily found by searching!
  9.    #9  
    That's a relief! Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, I've installed the demo of Techsounds, and I am having fun playing around with the various sounds available (though my son says my Centro is now "obnoxious" with all the sounds it makes! ). It was what I was looking for! Thanks again!

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Another option is YAHM plus Keyclick Hack.
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred