Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to program a manually executable PAUSE in a telephone number string in the 755p's contacts to access telephone extensions or voicemail . For instance if I want to get office voicemail, I'd like to tell the phone to dial 555-555-5555 pause 1234 (the voicemail code) pause 5678 (the voicemail box number).
    I believe Takephone can do it. you can find takephone at shsh.com
    comma, one for each two seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    comma, one for each two seconds
    Hey gapost !!

This is available in the standard Palm contacts database? Just put a comma(s) in wherever you want a (or multiple)2 second pause(s)?
    comma doesnt work! anyone???
    If it doesn't work in the contacts database, it does work in the favorites buttons you can set up in the phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    If it doesn't work in the contacts database, it does work in the favorites buttons you can set up in the phone app.
    can you explain this favorites button? how do you program this?
    Go to your phone. the little bue boxes on the bottom are favorites. click down. select an empty box, use lookup to find a number in your directory and add commas,,,
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    While we're on this topic. I have a strange this. When I have an alert that I missed a phone call and have a voice mail, when I try to access the voice mail from the Alerts screen my voice mail # no longer has the password hard wired in it (has for years with the commas). I have to input the password and then the funny thing is when I end the call it asks if I want to add it to contacts. I have the number under Voicemail, under my name and 2 or 3 that are empty when I try adding it yet again. Do we know what number in the Contacts it's using? The regular Voicemail contact does have the commas and works it I just call it.

Thanks-
    AMVMommy
    Quote Originally Posted by VetDoctor View Post
    Go to your phone. the little bue boxes on the bottom are favorites. click down. select an empty box, use lookup to find a number in your directory and add commas,,,
    awesome this is very very helpful! thanks a ton!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VetDoctor View Post
    Thanks a million from the OP. THIS WAS NOT IN THE USER MANUAL that I can tell. Just to add to the knowledge base, to add pauses to existing programmed speed dial numbers in favorites, get 'edit' from the drop down list and tap 'more' at the bottom of the screen. That brings up a screen for adding 'extra digits'. Also a 'p' works in addition to a comma.
    Last edited by 842867; 12/16/2007 at 11:26 PM.