1.    #1  
    I have already searched and read the big thread about cases and found it very helpful. However, I am being a nervous nellie about the rubberized paint coming off my beautiful burgundy 755. I had read the previous post about a couple cases damaging the paint so I don't want to make a huge mistake. I had a rubberized Verizon holster case for my 700p that I really liked and I'd like something like that. Is someone currently using something similar without paint issues? I'd like something like this:

Helix Holster for Treo 755p

Thanks!
    Not what you are looking for, but I have used the Palm horizontal belt clip case for 6 months now with no paint abrasion. I also like the inside pocket for SD cards or business cards:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-120--107.htm

(I created a small slip case from two business cards with a fold over top and a tab to grab to hold my SD cards within the provided pocket. My SD cards are always with my Treo and this slip case and tab provides easy access to them plus the security of knowing that "one" won't accidentally slip out of the pocket without my knowing.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/04/2007 at 03:31 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Not what you are looking for, but I have used the Palm horizontal belt clip case for 6 months now with no paint abrasion. I also like the inside pocket for SD cards or business cards:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-120--107.htm

(I created a small slip case from two business cards with a fold over top and a tab to grab at the top to hold my SD cards within the provided pocket. My SD cards are always with my Treo and this slip case and tab provides easy access to them plus the security of knowing that "one" won't accidentally slip out of the pocket without my knowing.)
    Actually, I am not opposed to that kind of case at all. I am just looking for something to use at home while I walk around the house yacking on the phone. I've only had my 755 for a few weeks and I've typically been putting it in my pocket while I talk on the phone and that really blows. I really like that case quite a bit and I appreciate you posting it. I think I'll pick one up and see how I like it. I especially like knowing that it's not going to hurt the paint.

BTW, I live in GR too!

BestBuy on both E. Beltline and Alpine have this in stock -- maybe I'll stroll over there after work and have a looksee.
    Go G.R. !!

I always put my 755p in this holster the same way: side buttons up and the screen in towards my body. Don't know if that would make a difference -- but that is how I have been doing it.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/04/2007 at 03:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've had a palm case and have used it on a treo 600,650, and now the 755. It's a great case. I haven't had a bit of trouble with it.
    I've had a belt holster and a belt pouch. I find the pouch to be MUCH more secure, for me...along with the benefit of no pinch points to scrape finishes. As well, the pouch has better access to the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the input. I decided to get the horizontal belt case/pouch that Perry suggested and picked one up on eBay last night for $15 shipped. Ms. Instant Gratification -- me -- really wanted to go to Best Buy to get it last night but they want $40 for it. Yikes!
    For anyone else reading this thread, I would recommend the Palm Air Holster for the 755p. It looks like a cheap piece of plastic at first glance, but it is very sturdy and protects the phone. It also creates a shell around the phone such that it does not cause any paint abrasion. Other holster cases may work too, if you get the InvisibleShield, which protects nearly the whole phone. Its like a wrap around skin for the phone. Here is a link to review:

http://www.shieldzone.com/form/index.html

I would assume the paint job would be protected regardless of case you use at that point. In fact for women who carry their phone in a purse, you likely wouldn't even need a case with the InvisibleShield.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i went to walmart, yeah, walmart - and bought a fonegear holster. i put my palm in face first and everything's fine. it has a swivel dumafleche on the belt clip for those that like to quick draw upside down - and a velcro flap.

i doesn't say palm or treo anywhere so it's about twenty dollars less expensive, and much more durable.

i work in a machine shop - so i needed something to protect my treo from flying chips and coolant. it holds the phone very well without the flap engaged so i don't have to worry about it falling - and i don't see any effect on the fantastic paint job palm stuck on my phone.
  10.    #10  
    I received my Palm Leather Side Case in the mail yesterday and I love it! It's absolutely perfect for my needs. Thanks, again, Perry for the recommendation. I would never have considered it otherwise.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    In the large case thread, I thought I read that the ultra slim holster case had a metal button or something on the INSIDE of the case. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.