Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After weeks of research and debate I ordered a Centro today and am going to try it instead of my 700p. I know lots of people had problems with their
    700p, but mine was flawless. I have had my 700p for a year and a half with NO HARD RESETS and no problems at all. Everything worked as advertised and no 3rd party application I installed messed up my 700p at all. I should have my Centro in my hands in 2-3 days (ordered online as my job gets a discount via their rep).

From my research I am pretty sure these apps work on the Centro, but if you have had any problems with any of these, please let me know:

Toccer
    Mundu IM
    GetSportz
    Butler
    Volume Care (may not even need this according to some reviews)

As you can see, I don't need much on my Centro, but just want to see if anyone has had problems with those above.

Thanks to one and all for posting on this Centro forum. After weeks of reading the forum, it helped me decide (as everyone seems very happy with their Centro) to take the plunge and get a Centro.
    I used to run volumecare on my 650 but have not needed to install it on my Centro.
    Vinnie
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    If you go with Butler, make sure you use the 4.51 version. The newer ones seem to cause lots of resets.
    why mundu?

doesnt the centro come with an IM client?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    why mundu?

doesnt the centro come with an IM client?
    The Centro's built-in IM client is a turdburglar. It uses both SMS messages and data to maximize revenue, and is extremely laggy either because the developers were lousy or because they want you to use SMS.

Toccer (free, AIM only) or Mundu (commercial, multiple IM networks) are both better.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    The Centro's built-in IM client is a turdburglar. It uses both SMS messages and data to maximize revenue, and is extremely laggy either because the developers were lousy or because they want you to use SMS.
    I think that's a bit harsh--the built in app is actually quite nice graphically and generally works quite well, especially for "free".

The SMS feature for 1st incoming message is more about battery saving while in idle then revenue. Fact is, leaving an IM app on all day with a direct connect drains batteries. Had Oz gone with that option, Sprint would have just as many complaints that it kills battery life.

However, the SMS relay is bad--there is a huge delay between when someone IMs you to initiate a conversation and when you get it (regular chat is fine though). The technology is proven: Verichat/Causerie use the same system, it's just Sprint's SMS servers perhaps need an upgrade. If they were to fix that though, it would actually be a very nice program.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    You'll want to email customer support from their website to get an updated version of Mundu, and don't forget to migrate your license before you deactivate the 700p. I also went from a 700p to a Centro, and other than needing to be more aware of batery life, I love it! Awesome little phone. Current version of volumecare (6.15 I think) works fine. Not really needed, but might as well use it since I paid for it.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Good Luck! I love my centro Much better then my 700p!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  9. sfc
    good to know you guys like the centro much better...