1.    #1  
    About 3 years ago I started carrying my Treo naked (how liberating). Had no problem with scratches or nicks.

I was planning on doing the same with my new Centro. However I'm noting it picks up a lot more lint from my pocket in the corners. I end up cleaning it out every time I use the phone.

Does this bother anyone else. Any suggestions on how to reduce/eliminate it (other than a case?)
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    de-lint your pocket!
    I was thinking the same thing as soon as I read that! Probably wash your pants with the pockets out or something. Ok, before I post this maybe there is something sticky in your pockets since nothing should stick to the Centro.
  4.    #4  
    Ha ha..very funny

Seriously dust and such builds up over time. It gets stuck between the screen ad the case. You can get it out but it does build up over time.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    Well....

I will ask this, because I know others want to know, but are afraid to ask......

Is it actually LINT or STATIC CLING? Do your socks stick to the Palm device when you remove the Palm device from the dryer?

You can't do much about LINT. But STATIC CLING, on the other hand, can be removed with clicking your heals 3 times while doing a hard reset after de-magnatizing your Palm device with a credit card.

Geez, I had to go to Go Advanced for this post. I think the confusion, for me at least was the Centro was naked and now its in a case. Ok now I get it, dust in the corner of the screen is the issue. I was going to ask about cleaning the Centro in another post one of these days since I've been going commando, the Centro what did you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    You can't do much about LINT. But STATIC CLING, on the other hand, can be removed with clicking your heals 3 times while doing a hard reset after de-magnatizing your Palm device with a credit card.

Man, this is harder than a hick up cure.
    Yes, my Centro rides commando too, and I do notice lint sometimes, but I just wipe it off, usually just on my shirt, and move on. It never caused a problem.
    I've had this same thought, as this is the only Treo that I could pocket. I worry about lint collecting in the ear speaker hole.
    Wow. Tough crowd!

I go commando with my Centro as well (as I did with my 600, 650, 680). I've noticed the same thing - that the Centro for some reason gathers more dust around the corners of the screen.

In all seriousness, maybe this is a static cling issue??? Could it be that the shiny/slick plastic case on the Centro is building up more static cling then the past Treos did?

Or maybe it's because the frame around the screen is more "raised" than the Treo's were?

Either way, it does bug me and makes me wonder if lint is going to get in-between the case and the screen and cause issues with the touch screen.
    my mom does all my laundry, and she's pro at it, so I never have lint in my pockets.

I do, though, get a few pieces of dust on my screen out of the pocket but they are light enough to blow off
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    I think the issue if there really is one is that the screen isn't flush. Anything should wipe right off. Get a case or skin, screen protector and a life.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I go commando with my Centro as well (as I did with my 600, 650, 680). I've noticed the same thing - that the Centro for some reason gathers more dust around the corners of the screen.
    See i'm not crazy (and don't have extra linty pockets ) It's not a problem but I too wonder if over time it can get in between the screen and case and cause issues. I'm hoping not as my Treo 600 lasted for YEARS in no case in my pocket.

I thought someone might have cool trick. I might have to ask my wife about the static cling issue. Either that or buy a deionizer for my pockets
    Sean Dotson, PE
    I think they added the built-in OEM screen protector to address any potential lint or static cling class action knowing that the screen isn't flush.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotson View Post
    It's not a problem but I too wonder if over time it can get in between the screen and case and cause issues.

I thought someone might have cool trick.
    When I clean my Treo or Centro 2 or 3 times a week, I use the corner of a candy bar wrapper to go around the screen (between the screen and case) to remove any nuggets, LINT or socks (from STATIC CLING) from the devices.

Quote Originally Posted by z50king View Post
    my mom does all my laundry, and she's pro at it, so I never have lint in my pockets.
    Your mom still does your laundry?

How did you manage that?

I get lint in my navel. Where does it come from?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I've never had mine in a case and have never had a problem with lint. (A little fur once in a while, but never lint. ) However, I did just order a new case yesterday after an extremely "lucky" bounce. I dropped my Centro and fortunately sustained no visable damage. It still works fine, but it scared the b'jesus out of me.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    buy a skinguard duh
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc View Post
    I get lint in my navel. Where does it come from?
    The lint fairy.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre