Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    So, yesterday my middle "Palm" button just stopped working, rendering my phone pretty much useless since thats the botton I use to release the keygaurd.

    It really sucks

    I took it to a Sprint store today and they ordered me a brand new replacement, just stinks because now I need to move all my stuff over and my phone was working GREAT.

    Oh well. Atleast its being replaced for free.

    Just thought I would rant.
    I'm a Pre gal now
  2. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #2  
    Well that sox.

    Anyway, I thought the Centro buttons were too small for my hands so I'm sticking with the 700P for now (also longer battery life).

    But I was at my sprint store today cause another phone on my account (LG Fusic) was having charging problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    So, yesterday my middle "Palm" button just stopped working, rendering my phone pretty much useless since thats the botton I use to release the keygaurd.

    It really sucks

    I took it to a Sprint store today and they ordered me a brand new replacement, just stinks because now I need to move all my stuff over and my phone was working GREAT.

    Oh well. Atleast its being replaced for free.

    Just thought I would rant.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Well that sox.

    Anyway, I thought the Centro buttons were too small for my hands so I'm sticking with the 700P for now (also longer battery life).

    But I was at my sprint store today cause another phone on my account (LG Fusic) was having charging problems.

    and.............. It seems like you forgot to tell us something.
  4. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #4  
    that sucks!
  5. #5  
    Get a free program called NVBackup. It is a very reliable back up program. Backup your Centro to your SD card. Then when you get your replacement you can do a complete restore.
  6. #6  
    Did you drop it or something? Did you notice it going?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Did you drop it or something? Did you notice it going?
    nope and nope.

    It just stopped working. I had to take it to a licensed repair center but since its such a new phone the tech didnt even have the right tools to open it up and TRY to diagnose the issue, he just ordered another one. He also mentioned that was the first Centro that had come in for repair since its release.

    I have NVBackup, did a complete back up tonight.

    Its more inconvenient than anything
    I'm a Pre gal now
  8. LennyV's Avatar
    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #8  
    The worst part is waiting for 1-2 days for a new phone. I wish they would stock replacements. I also get nervous with replacements. My first 755p worked great with no resets or bugs. My replacement was a little buggy and would reset 1-2 times a week.
    Lenny


    Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

    [Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  9. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #9  
    What did I forget?


    Quote Originally Posted by tmc19108 View Post
    and.............. It seems like you forgot to tell us something.
  10.    #10  
    okay got Centro number TWO and now I need the updated version of Mundu that works on the Centro.

    If anyone can post the PRC file, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

    TIA

    I emailed the creator but it usually takes a while to get a response and I have no patience
    I'm a Pre gal now
  11. #11  
    is the new mundu free?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
  12.    #12  
    no. I bought it for my 700p and after I upgraded to the Centro the creator sent me a new version of Mundu that works. I think a few people here got the same version so I was hopin for some charity.
    I'm a Pre gal now
  13.    #13  
    Centro Number 3!!!!

    My screen cracked yesterday while Christmas shopping. Went to check the phone for any missed calls and BOOM cracked screen! I was so upset. The bottom part of my touch screen stopped working. THANK GOD for insurance! I took it to a Sprint service and repair center, they looked at it for an hour, I came back and they gave me a brand new Centro. I thought they would have to order one and I would be subjected to an eye sore for a few days but I walked right out with a brand new phone, battery and all I actually couldnt believe how easy it was..

    It still worries me that I have NO idea how the screen cracked.
    I'm a Pre gal now
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    Centro Number 3!!!!

    It still worries me that I have NO idea how the screen cracked.
    Could it have been from the cold outside temperatures? Do you keep it in an outside coat pocket? Maybe the large changes in temperatures caused the screen to crack?

Posting Permissions