1.    #1  
    i downloaded a few third party apps the other night. they came in zipped folders. when i open the zipped folders all the files are there to transfer to my centro with the quick installer, but even the .prc's will not transfer.

i just now put an app on that was not in a zipped folder and it worked fine. anyone have any ideas why it wont work?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Um,
    You have to extract them from the zipped folder first. Are you using WinZip? Click the big "Extract" button after you've opened the zipped file, pick a location to extract the files to, and you're all set. Install them from there and all should be fine.
  3.    #3  
    wow, i feel stupid. thanks for the help.

i searched through all the wiki and this board trying to find out why it wouldnt take it!!

thankyou
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    You can use Versamail to open ZIP Folders and install .PRC Files directly from/to your phone.
  5.    #5  
    I don't have veesa mail on my phone as its not free on my plan.

I've been working with programs where you just dump a zipped folder into it and it uncompresses evertything for you. so its been a while since I've had to hit that button.

thanks again
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Versamail comes with Palms and your not gonna actually going to use it to send any data. Either way just another option.