1.    #1  
    i was possibly thinking of selling my centro to get a pearl is it worth it what do you guys think?
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    No, its not worth it.

But why do you want the Pearl for specifically?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The Pearl doesn't have a full QWERTY keyboard. To me that's a dealbreaker.
  4.    #4  
    just form factor mostly rite now im all centro but i got to play with a pearl last night
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    From my screen name you can see what I had before the CENTRO. We came from t-mobile and my wife and I both had it. I personally think the Pearl is a great phone. Size is a huge reason why we got it. We have had a few BB's but the Pearl is the only one I enjoyed carrying around. My wife just got the new one (8130) and she's still in love with it. And now that this one is better than the first, even more reasons to do so.

And the SURETYPE keyboard on the Pearl, I find, is quicker to type on than the CENTRO's small QWERTY keyboard.

If you do decide to get it, you won't have buyers remorse thats for sure.
    Suretype is definitely faster to type on than the Centro's keyboard. I probably type twice as fast with Suretype.

You do have to consider the added cost of the Pearl and Blackberry service, though. Blackberry service typically adds $30/mo to your bill. I pay just $10/mo for unlimited Internet on my Centro.
    The BB OS is multitasking and solid, but otherwise the software available for BB is nowhere near as sophisticated as what we're used to on Palm OS. I tried a BB 8830 but the email software can't compare with ChatterEmail on Treo/Centro for usability. Don't get rid of your Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I also heard that the Pearl cannoy not use the high speed internet.

Is that true?

Nope. My wife is sitting next to me right now using EVDO on Sprint.
    I am in the same boat wondering about a centro vs a bb. unlimited internet is 40 for bb on sprint or pay 15.00 for unlimited then add unlimited sms for another 10.00 then it becomes closer race for price. I like the soild os of bb but had palm for 10 plus years.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    If you are considering a SERO plan, stick with the Centro. The Blackberry data plan is challenging to add on to SERO. It can be done but it is a major PITA. I love the Pearl but, when I switched to Sprint/SERO, it came down to free data or $40 data for devices that have similar functions. In fact, as far as multimedia goes, the Centro blows the doors off the Pearl. YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
    From my screen name you can see what I had before the CENTRO. We came from t-mobile and my wife and I both had it. I personally think the Pearl is a great phone. Size is a huge reason why we got it. We have had a few BB's but the Pearl is the only one I enjoyed carrying around. My wife just got the new one (8130) and she's still in love with it. And now that this one is better than the first, even more reasons to do so.

And the SURETYPE keyboard on the Pearl, I find, is quicker to type on than the CENTRO's small QWERTY keyboard.

If you do decide to get it, you won't have buyers remorse thats for sure.
    Thank you- when I had the bb 7100, I did very nicely with suretype- and using it as a phone doesn't mean holding a square brick up to your ear.

I tried the centro in the sprint store the other day- just a second- I'm not sure I could use the keyboard for email and the like.

Of course, as bad as the browser is on the centro, I don't know if the pearl is better than the 7100, but I don't remember being inclined to web browse.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    Thank you- when I had the bb 7100, I did very nicely with suretype- and using it as a phone doesn't mean holding a square brick up to your ear.

I tried the centro in the sprint store the other day- just a second- I'm not sure I could use the keyboard for email and the like.

Of course, as bad as the browser is on the centro, I don't know if the pearl is better than the 7100, but I don't remember being inclined to web browse.
    I agree, I don't know if its worth it or not. I have half my friends on bb and only 2 on palm treos.
    Tritan

The Blazer browser on Treo/Centro, although not as fast as one would like, is far and away better than the BB browser, which doesn't handle JavaScript well and fails to display web pages accurately.
    Not only does the bb not have a full qwerty keyboard. Its screen is smaller and doesn't look as good as the treos. Look at the font on the bb's definetly in need of some antialiasing such as font smoother. Then there is the palm software vs the bb no comparison bb is not even in the same league. Over the years I have try to stray from Palm but the software never let me. I can't find any software close to the palm on the other platforms. The simplicity and practicality of the palms os is hard to beat.
    I have heard the downfall is the battery of the centro most people only getting a day out of it if that with the pearl running days. Any opinions?
    Tritan

Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    I have heard the downfall is the battery of the centro most people only getting a day out of it if that with the pearl running days. Any opinions?
    That's really tough to compare...

I would think Centro/Treo users have access to way more 3rd party programs and therefore, would use their devices for more than just email/phone/sms, resulting in perceived less battery life.

Using PowerHero (latest Beta), it charts your current battery consumption (maH) and estimates time left on you battery, currently, it's reading: 3days, 2 hrs and 32mins.

I think the consensus on the Centro's battery: better than expected

Besides, whether I need to or not, the Centro (and every smartphone I have) end up in a charger/stand every night both for convenience and battery maintenance.

The real question should be: does the Centro last a full working day with heavy usage? I think the answer is yes.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I used a Pearl for a week and I miss the compact size and the camera but I'm glad I went back to a Centro. At first I liked the trackball but after time it seemed to annoy me but maybe I just didn't give enough time to adjust to it. I didn't really mind the sure type keyboard on the Pearl but do prefer a full qwerty keyboard. I don't think the Pearl has picture mail. I really didn't need push email and I just wanted to try a Blackberry but to "me" it's not worth the extra money every month.
    I used a Pearl for a week and I miss the compact size
    A friend of mine has a pearl and I put the centro on top of the pearl and the difference in size was minimal. With the rubber case he had on the pearl my naked centro was actually smaller.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    This thread is interesting, I have been a Palm user forever myself and have recently shifted over to the Pearl on Verizon. I miss the software interface from Palm and a few of the programs not yet on BB. Aside from that, I am very happy with the Pearl. The battery life is outstanding, the speaker phone is very clear and loud, and the unit is just plain old solid. Looking towards the Centro, that is a hot item too. If only Palm could have released it a year sooner with something smaller, more stable, and with better battery life today. In the end, it comes down to personal preference. SureType isn't bad at all to get used to in addition to being very functional. I personally found the Centro qwerty keyboard just a tad too small, however, the Centro with a Pearl keyboard would be pretty cool. You would pick up active spell check and fewer keystrokes to boot! Both devices are great and offer several pros and cons. I guess it boils down to what you want. Now, when the Centro 2 hits the streets, it will be another story. Until then 8130 for me baby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    A friend of mine has a pearl and I put the centro on top of the pearl and the difference in size was minimal. With the rubber case he had on the pearl my naked centro was actually smaller.
    I understand it's a minimal difference but to "me" the Pearl seemed to fit better in my pocket compared to the Centro. Not sure why I didn't take any comparison pictures. When I have the Sprint clear case on my Centro it adds some bulk but I plan on getting a skin or somehting slimmer soon.

http://sizeasy.com/page/size_compari...ackBerry-Pearl