1.    #1  
    So a few weeks back I posted about how my EVDO was acting up. I was no longer able to connect and what not. So some great people here on the forum helped me out, I changed my connection to RXTT (whatever it is) and I am now able to get data albeit slower. Something about the EVDO being finicky in some areas.

Well today I bought my wife the new Pearl 8130. We came from T-mobile and she's hated me ever since for making her give up her Pearl. No this one came out, so we had to get it.

Back to my story... She has perfect EVDO connection. I mean perfect. Streaming music and video, all of it. And im still stuck in RXTT. I did change my preferences to allow both EVDO/RXTT. It cant be spotty EVDO service because she gets it and I dont. So can I exchange my CENTRO? Maybe its the phone itself? Any help is once again always appreciated.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
    So a few weeks back I posted about how my EVDO was acting up. I was no longer able to connect and what not. So some great people here on the forum helped me out, I changed my connection to RXTT (whatever it is) and I am now able to get data albeit slower. Something about the EVDO being finicky in some areas.

Well today I bought my wife the new Pearl 8130. We came from T-mobile and she's hated me ever since for making her give up her Pearl. No this one came out, so we had to get it.

Back to my story... She has perfect EVDO connection. I mean perfect. Streaming music and video, all of it. And im still stuck in RXTT. I did change my preferences to allow both EVDO/RXTT. It cant be spotty EVDO service because she gets it and I dont. So can I exchange my CENTRO? Maybe its the phone itself? Any help is once again always appreciated.
    How long have you had your Centro? You can return/exchange for any reason during the first 30 days.

If you've had it longer than 30 days, you may try arguing the fact that you can't get EVDO reception on it. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    email ecare, tell them exactly what you just posted. I guarantee they will send you a replacement. Did you take it into a sprint store and let a tech check it out BTW? Because even after 30 days, im sure this early in the game a tech will authorize a swap.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    The 30 days is to cancel your account and return your phone, its different if you want to keep your plan and swap phones. It sounds like you want a simple exchange since its defective.
    No you can change phones within the 1st 30 days as well.

Take it to a store and have it checked. If it's defective they'll swap it.
  6.    #6  
    yeah i've had it since it came out on the 4 of NOV so i guess im still in the clear. But It just doesnt seem to make since why hers works and mine doesn't. I'll email them tonight and post back anything i hear from em. Thanks for the responses.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
    yeah i've had it since it came out on the 4 of NOV so i guess im still in the clear. But It just doesnt seem to make since why hers works and mine doesn't. I'll email them tonight and post back anything i hear from em. Thanks for the responses.
    Since you are within 30 days, you should be able to get either a replacement Centro, or, switch to the Pearl, whichever you prefer.
    I wouldn't wait for an email. I'd call Sprint tech support, and have them trouble shoot it, could be a reprovision, or some such thing fixes it.

If that didn't work, I'd find a store with a tech, and have the phone checked. I'd bet there is a defect in the phone.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Find a store with a tech before Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Find a store with a tech before Monday.
    That's the best advise. I wouldn't even worry about having it checked out though. I'd tell them it's not working and you want another. Choose then if you want another Centro or a Blackberry. After the 30 days any returns will have to be under warranty.

And here's some advise to everyone who got a Centro when it came out....If you don't have the optional insurance, get it before your 30 days are up and it's too late.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas