1.    #1  
    Hi,

I do not have a data plan for my phone so I want to remove wireless sync so I won't be charge for data usage if I accidently start it up. If someone could give me step by step directions I would appreciate it, I am a noob by the way, first day with the phone.
  2.    #2  
    So there's no way to erase the wireless sync tool from ROM? I would also like to remove quick tour and Downloads.
    There is no way to remove anything from ROM. However, there are several ways to hide the icons so they don't take up space and aren't likely to be started by accident. Do a search for hide icons.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    There is no way to remove anything from ROM. However, there are several ways to hide the icons so they don't take up space and aren't likely to be started by accident. Do a search for hide icons.
    Thanks Davidra, actually that is what I did, I made a new group with only the icons I use.
    That does work unless you accidently change the category. I would suggest looking into some of the application programs. The is an preferences app that you can install that will hide those icons and then you can go back to using categories the way you want to use them.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...05#post1275905
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Carvingjan! I was super worried about DATA usage because when I was activating the phone for verizon the lady was swearing that it will "AUTOMATICALLY" try to access the internet and I will be charged a lot for DATA usage seeing as I do not have a DATA plan. I have been watching my Data usage closely and there is only .24 KB used but I know where it came from and has nothing to do with the new phone.

I read somewhere about a $20 unlimited DATA is this plan still around? $50 to me seems a little ridiculous.