Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hello All,

My company finally pushed out Good 5, and while I see some slight improvements, the one bug I had with Good 4.9 on my Treo 700p that did not get resolved was the autocomplete functionality in the sms Messaging app not working once Good starts up. When I first installed Good 5, it made the Good contacts the default, which I was easily able to correct by renaming the creator of the GoodAddressBook file. But I do a lot of texting, and being able to type the person's name and it give me all the possible matches was really nice. Having to exit out of Good to get this functionality is rather annoying. I assume there are not enough people who text to have addressed this? Or is this a much deeper problem that would take a lot to fix, and obviously there are bigger bugs than this one? Just curious if anyone has this issue, and if anyone knows why it didn't get addressed...
    If you use the Good contacts app the SMS messaging app will autocomplete correctly w/ 5.0.

That's about the only advantage I see to using the Good contacts app, as it's so clunky (and slow to load) compared to the native Palm app.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info Gregg. Hmm, I wonder if there is another file that could be modified to make the autocomplete go back to the Palm contacts then? I'm with you, the Good contacts is slow on top of the fact that all my contacts are in the Palm contacts. For me, my Treo is a personal phone with access to work email. I assume Good thinks it should be the other way around, if any personal at all...
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I think you nailed it on the head- Good basically is an enterprise solution. Many of their customers probably dont even want personal stuff on the phones.

Good seems to have all sorts of feautures to lock the device down to keep it the way the corporate IT folks want it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Hello All,

My company finally pushed out Good 5, and while I see some slight improvements, the one bug I had with Good 4.9 on my Treo 700p that did not get resolved was the autocomplete functionality in the sms Messaging app not working once Good starts up. When I first installed Good 5, it made the Good contacts the default, which I was easily able to correct by renaming the creator of the GoodAddressBook file. But I do a lot of texting, and being able to type the person's name and it give me all the possible matches was really nice. Having to exit out of Good to get this functionality is rather annoying. I assume there are not enough people who text to have addressed this? Or is this a much deeper problem that would take a lot to fix, and obviously there are bigger bugs than this one? Just curious if anyone has this issue, and if anyone knows why it didn't get addressed...
    So how did you change the default from Goodlink to the Native contacts?

Using GMM4.9 on a Treo 750

thanks,
    skp