Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    My wife's 700p has been working just fine, and had impressive battery life. With above-average usage, her battery would last about 5 days.

Now all of the sudden, the battery WILL NOT charge. That is, she had it plugged in over night, and the green light was on indicating that it was fully charged. After unplugging, it went down to about 20% in about an hour.

Now, when it's plugged in, the battery won't go above 17%. It's almost as if, the phone knows that it is plugged in, so it shows the charging icon, but no juice is going to the battery...

i heard that there are motherboard issues that may cause this -- if that's the case, then her TEP insurance should cover a new phone -- but if you think it's just a bad battery, then i'll have to buy one...

Any thoughts? This is quite annoying.

In additon, i have done many soft resets, in and out of the cradle, and tried every option i could think of...

I really appreciate your thoughts in advance..

Matt!

P.S. I am gonna take it to a sprint repair shop tomorrow -- but I wanted to see if there was something here that could save me a trip....
    I've had some weirdness where it supposedly charges but I look a bit later and I'm at 20%. I think it might be related the USB cradle I use to charge, because it is sporadic. Are you charging using the USB cradle?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerQ View Post
    My wife's 700p has been working just fine, and had impressive battery life. With above-average usage, her battery would last about 5 days.

Now all of the sudden, the battery WILL NOT charge. That is, she had it plugged in over night, and the green light was on indicating that it was fully charged. After unplugging, it went down to about 20% in about an hour.

Now, when it's plugged in, the battery won't go above 17%. It's almost as if, the phone knows that it is plugged in, so it shows the charging icon, but no juice is going to the battery...

i heard that there are motherboard issues that may cause this -- if that's the case, then her TEP insurance should cover a new phone -- but if you think it's just a bad battery, then i'll have to buy one...

Any thoughts? This is quite annoying.

In additon, i have done many soft resets, in and out of the cradle, and tried every option i could think of...

I really appreciate your thoughts in advance..

Matt!

P.S. I am gonna take it to a sprint repair shop tomorrow -- but I wanted to see if there was something here that could save me a trip....
    Have you considered the possibility that you may just need to replace that battery?