1.    #1  
    I think not! When i search on youtube, I do get results but the videos never play. The videos that i try to play just skip and go on to the next video. And its not the fastest thing out either.
    Quote Originally Posted by heatscentro View Post
    I think not! When i search on youtube, I do get results but the videos never play. The videos that i try to play just skip and go on to the next video. And its not the fastest thing out either.
    My Kinoma player works great.....
  3. Daz
    Mine works so good that its the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!!!
    I get an occasional freeze, but the overall experience is well worth it.
    Your EVDO can vary based on your area, which will affect streaming or how well you watch a video without pause.
    (Thanks for the kind words, Daz and Stevie Deluxe!)

As good as we try to make Kinoma Player, if you're playing media from the internet it's ultimately only as good as your current connection speed and the availability of the servers you're playing from.

As Daz notes, your connection speed can vary depending on where you are. It also varies based on how heavily loaded your local cell towers are at that moment.

For example, trying to play very-high-bitrate YouTube videos during rush hour often won't work well because your nearest towers are typically at or near capacity with phone calls alone, and phone calls have higher priority than data.

We're living in the future in a sense, so everything doesn't work as well as it will in five years. Still, we're always trying to raise the bar, so let us know when something doesn't work like you'd expect so we can figure out what it is and do something about it if at all possible.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Would someone mind posting some fun ways Kinoma can be used? I have it, bought the upgrade because of something I was doing (I don't even remember what at this point) and now I just don't know how to use it or what to do with it so it sits here... unused.... poor little app...
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I love the Kinoma player. My son and I have fun with the YouTube search; I am actually more comfortable with him "clicking" on the search results this way rather than on the PC because there are no ads or other video suggestions for him to click on (he is 5 and I do not let him click the search results on the PC without supervision - but am okay letting him click on his own on the Centro/Kinoma if I am familiar with the search results - and the way kids like to see the same things over and over and over, I *am* familiar with them!).

I like having the streaming podcast subscriptions with the .opml list. Instead of having to (remember to) go to iTunes (as with my iPod) to download podcasts, all of the my podcasts are always updated and available to me. I use the Palm stereo adapter and hook my Centro up to my car's cassette deck to play my podcasts while I drive.

In fact, between pTunes and Kinoma handling every function I need, I ended up giving my iPod to my husband.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Pardon the newbish Centro question, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade the Kinoma that ships with the Centro. So far I can't get Kinoma to come up unless I try to open SprintTV or a YouTube video, and from there, I can't get to any menu options. If I do need to download a full version, is it considered an upgrade or do I have to pay full boat?

TIA, and sorry if this has been asked b4. I did search first.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    *nudge*

Anyone?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    There is a thread on this, the included version is not an app, its a player for those apps. You'd have to upgrade. I was away, sorry if someone just posted this info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Would someone mind posting some fun ways Kinoma can be used?
    You might want to check out our blog. For just over six months now, I've been posting about interesting stuff you can do with Kinoma Player.

http://blog.kinoma.com/

Also, here's the "secret" URL for subscribing via email:

http://go.kinoma.com/subscribeViaEmail

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks