Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I've been getting a few instances lately where my Treo just can't seem to connect to the internet. Which is weird, as it is signed on to the GPRS network (as shown by the green symbol above the signal strength indicator).

It's usually shown by the fact that Blazer tells me the connection has timed out when trying to load a webpage. It also pops up in ChatterEmail when trying to send a new message. It gets to the SMTP HELLO step, and then just sits there. I normally cancel it if that's the case, and send it later.

Sometimes it'll be fixed by waiting for a while. Not sure how long... Maybe 10 - 20 minutes? If I don't want to wait, it's a soft reset (which is a pain). It's also gone away when I've visited a webpage via entering the address in the address bar instead of clicking on a link. Then when I go back, it's all good...

It doesn't seem like a Blazer or Chatter problem as it's only just cropped up recently, so it could be a carrier issue (if there's anyone else here from NZ, I'll be surprised), or a phone issue.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    who's your carrier?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Vodafone New Zealand.