Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

This will be my first phone that has bluetooth capabilities. Since I will be getting rid of the Nextel, I never have had a bluetooth ear piece before. I'm trying to find something that will work out well for me as I will need to get accustomed to using one. Any ideas on something that is stylish, comfortable, and cheap?

Also, is there any software that announces who the caller is before picking up the phone, so you don't have to take the phone out to look? Anything else I should know about these ear pieces?

Thanks!
    please visit this link so that you can check what's the appropriate item to buy.
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(44101)
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    BT PLANATRONICS HEADSET VOYAGER 520 RT

Works great with my Centro - $60 shipped.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HHSP_user View Post
    please visit this link so that you can check what's the appropriate item to buy.
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(44101)
    HHSP I click the link and the palm website tells me there is no URL and that I have reached that page in error.

I'll take a look at the plantronics thing.
    I'm currently using the Motorola h700, and I hate the static that I get from it. I'm thinking about the Samsung WEP500.

I really like my BlueAnt Z9.
    My BlueAnt Z9 is great; light weight, stays put on my giant baloon head, pairs with up to 3 devices and internal software is upgradeable thru downloads. Has so (read "too") many features it takes awhile to learn them all. Sound is good on both ends. I'm really happy with it.
    I am digging the Aliph Jawbone. They may not look that great, but it's the best bluetooth headset I've ever had.
    I'm using the BlueAnt X3 Micro.

http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-Micro-...bosnation0e-20

What I like about it:

- It's tiny
    - It comes in colors (black, blue, bronze, red, gold, white, pink)
    - It comes with three charging options w/accessory (AC, car and USB)
    - It comes with Lanyard and over the ear hooks
    - I like the way it interfaces with the Centro: when you get a call you get a lil melody.
    - You can turn the flashing led off or on. Mines color red and blue.
    - The sound quality is excellent. Everyone can hear me and visa versa.
    - Great user reviews as well as Professional recommendations

P.S. And I got one brand new on ebay for $47.00 total shipped... in pink!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/30/2007 at 07:57 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Plantronics Voyager 520 Headset - Works Great

On Sale at Radio Shack until 12/1 for $59.99
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I had forgotten to check back in on this thread. One question I have about all of these:

It's nice that it / some play a little melody when you get a call (do all do that?), but I'm curious; Is there any software for the Palm that will tell you who is calling through the earpiece? If I was walking around, or driving with it on, is there anything that has an "audible" caller ID so I don't even have to look at the phone as to who is calling? I know my phone @ home has voice caller id.
    you want callfilter or callshield, one or both does something like that
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox View Post
    you want callfilter or callshield, one or both does something like that
    I don't see where CallFilter or CallShield does an audible alert through a BT headset. I thought those were just apps that add the newer Treos' phone functions to the 600 and 650, like "reply with SMS" or "ignore call".

I don't think there's anything that will "announce" an incoming caller's name through the headset, but it would be nice.
    I use Sony Ericsson hardware for bluetooth, they work just fine on my Centro but not the Treo 7XX series (one problem I had with the 700p)
    I just picked up a Jabra BT8040 to use with my new Centro. Its small, lite and works great with the Centro. Got it off eBay, and the T|C Store also carries it.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  16. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkrulz View Post
    Also, is there any software that announces who the caller is before picking up the phone, so you don't have to take the phone out to look? Anything else I should know about these ear pieces?
    Sony Ericsson (partnering with Fossil) has a line of Bluetooth watches that will pair with a phone and show caller ID info on the watch. The first one just showed the number; the newer ones are supposed to get a name from contacts. The watch can also send the call to voicemail if you don't want to take it, and act as a remote for MP3 playing.

Unfortunately, though, SE just supports their own phones. It's up to some enterprising third-party developer to get it to work with other phones like a Treo or Centro--kind of like how Softick Audio Gateway enables A2DP. I'd love to see other functions supported too, like sending calendar alarms over from the Palm calendar.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the plantronic voyager 510 and although it worked great with my Katana mobile it has not been working too good with my Centro. When I speak to people using my bluetooth they tell me too often that I keep getting cut off.

Does anyone else have this earpiece (plantronic 510)? How does it work for you?
    I've heard good things about the Blueant Z9. I waiting for UPS to deliver mine today. I also saw good reviews about the motorola H710 I found a good deal on that from CompUsa (online less than $20.00) so I thought what the heck get them both. I'll update on each later
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    I've heard good things about the Blueant Z9. I waiting for UPS to deliver mine today. I also saw good reviews about the motorola H710 I found a good deal on that from CompUsa (online less than $20.00) so I thought what the heck get them both. I'll update on each later
    Did you really see both of those for $20? I just looked at CompUSA's website and found nothing made by motorola and the BlueAnt z9 was $70 like most places. Can you post a link?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast