Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I rechecked CompUsa's webpage and the Motorola Jabra BT5010 was on sale for 19.95 for President's day sale. I purchased the BlueAnt Z9 from Amazon for $64.98. Sorry, I wasn't clear in my first post. I checked CompUsa tonight and they do not offer the 5010 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    That's hilarious! Perfect for my retro-Mom, who won't even know what bluetooth is. Only my dad and sister will get the joke (so I sent the link to them).

You made reading the TC discussion forums worth it this morning! Thanks!
    -- Josh
    Yeah, I can tell that you do want the BT earpiece, and so do many others. But I am not a fan. My Treo 650 has a great battery, I can go days without recharging it with no problem. But if I use my BT headset (Motorola s9) for just a 15 minute phone call while driving home from work, it chews up about 20% of the Treo 650 battery! That's amazing. The sound is fine, the stereo music thing with Audio Gateway and pTunes is pretty good. But the battery drain is just amazing. And don't forget you still look uber-geeky. There is no "natural" or "subtle" BT earset, period. You still look like Lt. Ohura from the original Star Trek series, pictures attached for those too young to know or too old to remember!

I honestly still like the dangling corded single-ear headset for phone calls in the car. Simple, effective, no battery drain, don't have to remember to turn off BT afterwards to save battery, the headset never itself has to be charged either (my Moto s9 never seems to be charged when I want to use it).

Anyway, them's my two cents of personal opinion, and that's all it's worth, of course.
    -- Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Try fumbling and driving and wrapping that stupid cord around the steering wheel or getting it caught in something while working, lifting things and such. Caught in a door handle the one time as it flicked out of my ear.

I'm looking at the Plantronics Voyager 815 or the Jabra BT8040. I've had two jawbones, and it just seems to be inconsistent. I've been living with a Motorola H700 but really think one of the two will do the trick. The 8040 doesn't look bad in the ear either.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Hey GeekyMom, does this unit fit in your ear? I love love love my WEP200 but if this is full duplex, maybe it will sound a little better... is there noise cancellation?

THanks! Bek

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    I'm using the BlueAnt X3 Micro.

http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-Micro-...bosnation0e-20

What I like about it:

- It's tiny
    - It comes in colors (black, blue, bronze, red, gold, white, pink)
    - It comes with three charging options w/accessory (AC, car and USB)
    - It comes with Lanyard and over the ear hooks
    - I like the way it interfaces with the Centro: when you get a call you get a lil melody.
    - You can turn the flashing led off or on. Mines color red and blue.
    - The sound quality is excellent. Everyone can hear me and visa versa.
    - Great user reviews as well as Professional recommendations

P.S. And I got one brand new on ebay for $47.00 total shipped... in pink!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Lt. Ohura was hot!
    Mike
    I use a motorola bluetooth headset and I love it. It has even survived a washing machine trip... I think I paid 70 bucks for it though...which some people may think is expensive since you can get a headset now for like 30 bucks.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ***** ALIPH JAWBONE *****

my favorite bluetooth of all time. I have the older model jawbone for one phone and i recently purchased the newer/slimmer/smaller jawbone for my centro. amazing quality, it surpasses (my opinion) most of the bluetooth on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB View Post
    ***** ALIPH JAWBONE *****

my favorite bluetooth of all time. I have the older model jawbone for one phone and i recently purchased the newer/slimmer/smaller jawbone for my centro. amazing quality, it surpasses (my opinion) most of the bluetooth on the market.
    2nd that. I don't even need the ear hook its so light.

BTW, I have been using a headset with my BB. How does the Centro do with keeping and picking signals back up with a headset? Any problems with the Centro losing connection or keeping it???
    Mike
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    when i had a treo 755p- i did lose connection on occassion but nothing out of the ordinary. currently im using the new jawbone and centro and i have not lost connection once. when i turn on the jawbone-it connects seamlessly no problem.
    I'll add my recommendation for the jawbone. I absolutely love it. I would buy the newer model, but I can't justify having two of them (yet). I have had no problems making connecton, except Saturday. I had to do a hard reset on my centro (user error) and had to re-pair my jawbone. It asked me for a passcode, of course I didn't know it, so I popped out of that screen, connected to the web looked it up, disconnected and finished my pairing.
    Those of you using the Blueant z9i, are you experiencing dropouts and static? Everybody's been complaining about how I sound on their end--I've already replaced the unit once and replaced the Centro once...

your help is appreciated...I have another thread I started a little bit ago on this named " Centro/Blueant z9i static/call quality issues" (I can't post the thread link b/c I don't have enough posts yet).
    none. BT headsets have a long way to go. stop looking for the holy grail because it doesn't exist - yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12