Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As forewarned in an email from Palmgear a couple of weeks ago, PalmGear is NO MORE as of today. Lots of problems though. Accounts have not been migrated over (I understand they're working on it . . . patience, grasshopper ) One would think they'd be smart enough to finish migrating accounts before "throwing the switch!" If you enter www.palmgear.com you'll be redirected to PocketGear.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  2.    #2  
    I got an email from them. If you can't login using your Palmgear account login, create a new Pocketgear account and login. Then go to "View Past Purchases" button and on that page click on "Log in to your classic Palmgear Locker" link. It works! I was able to access my order history.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    This new PocketGear web site sucks. It crashes my browser every time I click on select an OS.

Palmgear.com was one of my favorite Palm web sites.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  4.    #4  
    Might we exclaim . . . another kick in the arsss for Palm OS?

I clicked on Palm OS as default and then "Hot Deals" and all that came up was Windows Mobile apps!
    Last edited by wellsjs; 11/28/2007 at 01:53 PM.
    Arrrg this new website stinks compared to the ease of the other one. I stopped going to handango becasue it was a pain now this one is off my list unless I know where I am going. I will use mytreo.net for new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Arrrg this new website stinks compared to the ease of the other one. I stopped going to handango becasue it was a pain now this one is off my list unless I know where I am going. I will use mytreo.net for new apps.

I agree 100%. I used to be able to find stuff very easily on PalmGear. I can't seem to find anything at all on PocketGear.

I had a couple browser windows open from yesterday on the PalmGear site. When I tried to click on any links it would take me to the new site and then crash and burn the browser.
    Sprint
    Yep. PocketGear SUCKS

You could find apps easily on PalmGear. It was a breeze buying online at PalmGear with a Treo.

Just doing a search at PocketGear for Palm OS apps kept bringing up WinMo apps. I don't want WinMo junk.

Time to look at MTDN for app buying. I won't spend any money at Iambic or Handango.

I will miss PalmGear....

8.    #8  
    Hopefully it's just a case of poor implementation of porting PalmGear's data over. We should probably be voicing our grievances to them . . . not here! Having said that, I wonder if they will prove any better at "LISTENING" than PalmGear did?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Hopefully it's just a case of poor implementation of porting PalmGear's data over. We should probably be voicing our grievances to them . . . not here! Having said that, I wonder if they will prove any better at "LISTENING" than PalmGear did?

Hmmm I wonder. I can't find any free apps at all on PocketGear.

It still crashes my browser every time I try to select an OS.
    Sprint
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltlt View Post
    It still crashes my browser every time I try to select an OS.
    Poor WAP programming . . . not a good sign, or rather another sign they only think in Windows Mobile language!
  11.    #11  
    I just got an email from PocketGear touting that the PalmGear integration is complete! That's not good. Palm apps are treated as an afterthought on this site.

If interested, thru 12/2 you can get a 20% discount on your entire order with the discount code:

PALMGEAR

Ain't that a kick in the pants?
    I would like to know where all the good FREE stuff went if their integration is complete. I did some searches for free apps I recently downloaded from PalmGear and now nothing comes up.
    Sprint
  13.    #13  
    I would like to know where all the good FREE stuff went if their integration is complete. I did some searches for free apps I recently downloaded from PalmGear and now nothing comes up.
    There is some info (quotes from their emails) here:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138068

Folks at 1src are much more "up in arms" over this than youse guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    There is some info (quotes from their emails) here:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138068

Folks at 1src are much more "up in arms" over this than youse guys!

Yeah - here's a quote:

"Here are some of the facts from the Developer link at PocketGear (bold and larger font mine):

"We have taken careful steps to ensure that the new PocketGear is populated to the fullest extent and reflective of our prior catalogs at the 'legacy' sites. While we have eliminated much of the outdated and freeware listings, actively selling current titles have been migrated to the new PocketGear. Please note that listings at the new PocketGear have been assigned new product ID's as well as new urls. <snip>

Also improved with the new PocketGear is the categorization of the catalog. We have mapped the 'legacy' categories into new, more concise categories. These clear categories will provide a better shopping experience for the end user while continuing to accurately place your existing and future listings. The migration of the catalog included remapping all listings and requires no action on your part."

It looks like PocketGear removed "ALL" the freeware.
    Sprint
  15.    #15  
    Also improved with the new PocketGear is the categorization of the catalog.
    Anyone try to search something like:

Fontsmoother
    ZLauncher

They aren't there! What a crock of purple haze statement!
    I was able to sign on to the palmgear/pocketgear site with my old palmgear account info, so I used the discount offer to purchase some stuff. What is strange is that they did not move all of the software or change all of the links even yet. I was trying to purchase advanced brain trainer one and two. While they had one, and the listing advertised version two. Version two is not included on the site. STRANGE I will give it another month then switch over if things don't get better, and the title list does not expand to include a lot of missing stuff.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    hi all ...
    I would suggest for every poster on this thread to at least drop PG an email prior to posting here. At least, copy and paste your post here in email to them. This way we talk and walk at the same time.

also, if you know of a better site for palm os software please post it here. May be we should have a sticky post listing all POS software along with their rankings.

I sent PG 2 emails so far describing my discontent with the new PG. Who knows, my be we are the only humans on this planet who really care about the old PalmGear and this whole issue altogether.

Now I can appreciate how species become extinct.
    cnewtonne has a good suggestion about dropping PocketGear an email about the issue. Only problem is, I don't care enough to do that.

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed that PalmGear customers were an after thought. Kind of like, oh maybe we'll get to it after dinner.

I now use www.mobihand.com for my software needs. When you search for a Palm OS app, it actually comes up. It's easy to buy online with the Treo too.

PocketGear out, MobiHand in.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    cnewtonne has a good suggestion about dropping PocketGear an email about the issue. Only problem is, I don't care enough to do that.

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed that PalmGear customers were an after thought. Kind of like, oh maybe we'll get to it after dinner.

I now use www.mobihand.com for my software needs. When you search for a Palm OS app, it actually comes up. It's easy to buy online with the Treo too.

PocketGear out, MobiHand in.

No free programs at mobihand either.

Where has all the freeware gone - long time passing ...

Looks like http://www.freewarepalm.com/ is fairly good.
    Last edited by fulltlt; 12/03/2007 at 07:23 AM.
    Sprint
    No free programs at mobihand either.

Where has all the freeware gone - long time passing ...

Looks like http://www.freewarepalm.com/ is fairly good.
    Really?

I just looked up three free apps at MobiHand using my Treo and one hand. They are listed as $0.00. I am pretty sure that means free.

Google Maps
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/produ...le.asp?id=8996

Suntzu's MemoManager
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/platf...&Submit=Search

Suntzu's TraceCrash
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/platf...&Submit=Search

Perhaps you meant that not every freeware app known to man is available at sites that sell shareware......

MTDN is another source for freeware.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast