Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Really?

I just looked up three free apps at MobiHand using my Treo and one hand. They are listed as $0.00. I am pretty sure that means free.

Google Maps
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/produ...le.asp?id=8996

Suntzu's MemoManager
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/platf...&Submit=Search

Suntzu's TraceCrash
    http://www.mobihand.com/mobile/platf...&Submit=Search

Perhaps you meant that not every freeware app known to man is available at sites that sell shareware......

MTDN is another source for freeware.......

The ones I tried to look up were gpstester and fieldplus that I had most recently gotten from PalmGear.com.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Freeware palm links to palmgear a lot of the time. In all of those cases, the software is gone.
    My account got transfered but not my history. I cannot even log on to classic the palmgear.com. This is sooo bad and lame, now I lost my prior purchase information. Where do you address the email?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Where do you address the email?
    Try "Contact Us" on the top bar or thereabouts of their main page.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Yeah, but the form is asking for Order No. I don't remember my old order no.
  6.    #26  
    Make an order number up. I think I put in something like SW5555555 and it got me through with a "your request has been received. Here's your tracking number." Give them any and all email addresses you may have used when purchasing software in the past.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    This sucks. I've used palmgear for several years. One of the things I used most were the software reviews. They were a great indicator when researching new software. I'm with everyone else here...after checking out the "new" site, they will not get one iota of my business!

Maybe we should hold a short ceremony in memory of Palmgear (and as someone mentioned, for Palm OS as well).
    I still can't log in, "no such email address", although I received email from PocketGear indicating that the integration is complete. I sent them an email. We'll see...

It was handy to be able to see the latest versions of my applications.

I hope developers are not similar problems with developers submitting their updates.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    No freeware. Ratings and reviews didn't transfer over. It does s_ck.
    I have sent and pocketgear have responded to my email. All they said that my old account is there and is accessible via the old palmgear link. The guy just responded without really reading the issue as I have stated.

* The email/password supplied was not found.

So I responded and repeated the issue.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Screw Palmgear/pocketgear. I am giving all of my business to palmdomain.com They have over 2200 freeware titles just like the old palmgear!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    My experience with PalmGear has been bad, even as a developer who listed software there. I'm quiet happy that PalmGear is dead. Maybe other websites like MobiHand will take over from here. PalmDomain is looking good too... I've already listed two of my freeware there. (Is it an old website?)

- mvk
    PalmDomain.com looks very good. Thanks for the tip.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    I've been using mobihand.com more and more - they even offer up immediate and substantial discounts after downloading a trial. Only downside is they are missing several of my favorite apps, Palmgear had nearly everything. But their site is pretty straightforward, they notify you when apps update (!!), they keep your keys and purchase history available, they don't try ripping you off for "download protection" scams like a company that rhymes with "DamnRango."

Don't know why the purchasers of Palmgear would screw up such a good thing. As someone said here - tons of developers from the past 10 years link directly to the Palmgear site - all those links are dead and people will have to sniff around google for alternative hosts. You'd think they'd actually like to sell some apps, but from all appearances they have no intention to do so. What kind of idiots kill off a 10-year-old live, functioning site and replace it with that unfunctional garbage without even testing it to see if it even works?!? arrrgh.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Palmdomain.com isn't very impressive either:

"Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/palmdoma/public_html/mobile/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31"
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Palmgear told me that they have only stripped apps that 'didn't generate a sale in the last 6 months'.

Whilst I actually approve of stripping out the crud that noone wanted (I'm not talking about freeware here) - they certainly haven't implemented what they describe. Most of my apps didn't get ported over. Several were in their top 20 bestseller list.

They say that I should see my apps some time this week.

Updating apps has now become painful - there seems to be a long (days?) delay between the time when I post a change and it appears on the site.

There is one other major change. If you purchase from Pocket Gear, then they will not send your email address to the developer. The idea is to stop developers trying to 'poach' Pocket Gear's customers. This will also make it harder for developers to provide support to customers. I won't be able to help you sort your regcode if I don't know that you have actually made a purchase. Similarly, you won't be able to look up regcodes at my site as I never got told that you purchased anything.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    There is one other major change. If you purchase from Pocket Gear, then they will not send your email address to the developer. The idea is to stop developers trying to 'poach' Pocket Gear's customers. This will also make it harder for developers to provide support to customers. I won't be able to help you sort your regcode if I don't know that you have actually made a purchase. Similarly, you won't be able to look up regcodes at my site as I never got told that you purchased anything.

That blows:
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    Updating apps has now become painful - there seems to be a long (days?) delay between the time when I post a change and it appears on the site.

Those two elements are the last straw for me. I will stop buying from them. Just before PalmGear went away, I bought around $750 worth of software from them because I liked the environment and how it kept tracked of version updates, even the freeware. Now, no more... Sucks!
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    I have sent them emails and all they could tell me is that the problem may be on the privacy setting may be set too high or third party software like ZoneAlarm is interferring with the cookies.

I have used this computer with Palmgear before without any issues and now it says my settings are wrong? This response is really dumb. Why do I bother, its because my purchase history is important to me.

EDIT:
    Their email password function finally worked for me. I am able to get to my Palmgear account. The new site still sucks.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/12/2007 at 02:33 AM.
    We're on the same boat!

Since last week, I wasn't aware that I have several orders. I just learned about it when the customers directly get in touch with me 2 or 3 days after they paid for it. Pocketgear didn't even bother to email me. And when I checked my Palmgear Developer Area, there was no order. I had to directly contact Tim Tyndall and Tanisha Sims of Motricity first to confirm the orders. It's really a hassle.

For now, I've placed my software in Handango.
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast