1.    #1  
    Had a 755p for about 3 weeks. Palm user for 8 years. My new job requires a VZW motorola Q. I've had the Q for a few hours and there really is only one word. Underwhelmed. 755p = 1995 porshe 911 twin turbo, Moto Q = 1981 Toyota corolla.

If guess if u wanna impress your high school classmates get a Q.

If you want to outperform your co-workers and tripple your productivity, Get a Treo.

The sad part, My job pays $465.84 for each Q for each employee times 800+ employees. Sad
    Well with 800 employees, you can't get a smartphone. The support issues would be overwhelming. What you need for 800 employees is a dumb phone, that anyone can operate. Granted, the Treo isn't that complicated, but there is a learning curve.
    I like the Treo 755p form factor way better than the Motorolla Q as well.
  4. OFN
    My path went like this, Treo 300-650-Q-755P So far, the 755 has been the nicest, but only after I installed chatter. I liked my Q, ALOT, especially the fact that it worked REALLY WELL as a phone compared to the previous 2 Treo's. The 755 does a great job, but I sorely miss the ability to have my contacts and calendar sync. it just doesn't work on the 755.

The form factor on the Q for me, wasn't bad at all, compared to some of the bricks I've carried in the past, it did well, and I miss having a scroll wheel on the Treo. I could go either way, but will stick with my 755 for a while.
    you calendar and contacts won't sync with chatter. but will if you use versa and eas.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Similar thoughts on the Q as OFN, except that I would never go back. EAS is not an option for me.

As a further data point when my Q destroyed itself Sprint replaced it (for the $35 repair-without-repair-plan fee) with a 755p. According to the grizzled techs they were doing that with all the Qs that went through that store as they blew their brains out, somewhere between 4 and 6 months of purchase. Unless you're working for a Motorola supplier I don't know why they'd want Qs professionally.

Battery life with the stock battery was between 6 and 7 hours. (Not talk time, actual battery life at idle, receiving maybe 40 e-mails pushed over the course of the day. If I used the phone for ~10 minutes, I'd lose one of those hours.)

Now, that was a Q, not a Q9, and WM5, not WM6. Classic signs of flash corruption. To be fair I did not have the hard reset problems I've had with the 755p (about once per 30 days, looks like), but then there's no recovery like there is with PalmOS so once it died it was dead - and Motorola is not so nice about letting end-users flash the ROM. This was far and away a trend on the Q users groups, hopefully things have gotten better.

I hated smartphone software hunting; there's not much good proportionately that's easy to find for WM (or at least wasn't) and adding the smartphone bit was just another layer of impossible-to-find.

I would consider going back to my BlackBerry 8700c if my company picked up the tab; I'd miss the touchscreen but at least the OS was designed so as not to need it, unlike WM-Smartphone. I'd want an EVDO network, though; Sprint has spoiled me. =)
  7. OFN
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    you calendar and contacts won't sync with chatter. but will if you use versa and eas.
    Versa won't sync, I get the airsam mess with an error code of 400, which means they don't know the problem My 650 was setup with Chatter and EAS for calendar and contacts, but EAS just won't work with this one.

KP
    Quote Originally Posted by OFN View Post
    Versa won't sync, I get the airsam mess with an error code of 400, which means they don't know the problem My 650 was setup with Chatter and EAS for calendar and contacts, but EAS just won't work with this one.

KP
    How did they set that up in chatter? Chatter has never been able to sync caldender/contacts. Did they set up chatter to handle just the mail and then versamail to handle the rest? I've heard of people talking about trying that but never heard of a result.
  9. OFN
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    How did they set that up in chatter? Chatter has never been able to sync caldender/contacts. Did they set up chatter to handle just the mail and then versamail to handle the rest? I've heard of people talking about trying that but never heard of a result.
    it doesn't, well, not really. It does, you sync the folder, inbox/calendar or inbox/contacts. I did it, then undid it, didn't bring anything to the table I wanted to mess with. I have to hotsync to get that info right now the way I want it. Versa just won't cut it. Finds the server, logs in, etc... then the airsam msg. We've have 650's, 680's, and a ton of windows devices that work, but my 755 won't I've looked up the error code, and it gave me nothing... Chatter connects and syncs like a dream, and I like the push email better anyway, BUT...

KP