Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't log in to any service with verichat...

any ideas?

-split
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsurround View Post
    I can't log in to any service with verichat...

any ideas?

-split
    Me either. Are they going out of business? Is there another chat client out there that I can use on my Treo 700 for Yahoo Messenger chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Me either. Are they going out of business? Is there another chat client out there that I can use on my Treo 700 for Yahoo Messenger chat?
    Mundu.

http://www.mundu.com/
    He's dead, Jim....

Might want to check out a thread in the correct forum: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154200
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    By far the best client IMHO, and cheap.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I've been using Causerie for about a year now with good success, as I could never get Mundu to vibrate on a new IM with the sound switch off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    I've been using Causerie for about a year now with good success, as I could never get Mundu to vibrate on a new IM with the sound switch off.
    I used to love Causerie despite a few warts. But after a whole year without a single enhancement release, I decided to move on. After now that it's been so long again, I checked on their forums and it seems they have basically stopped all development on it. Sad.
    I used to use Verichat quite a bit when I had a 650. I liked that it would keep me online without an active data connection and still send IMs with SMS. Also I really liked the "buddy pounce" feature that would notify me when someone I wanted to chat with came online. I did occasionally have problems with dropped IMs, though, and it did not notify the other party that the message did not go through. That was a major problem.

I don't think Mundu has the "buddy pounce" or SMS features. Is there any current software that does?
    Quote Originally Posted by L.A.Pilot View Post
    I don't think Mundu has the "buddy pounce" or SMS features. Is there any current software that does?
    Causerie does.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Yes it does
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Yes it does
    Did Mundu add SMS background mode? I haven't demo'd 4.x in quite some time and I don't see anything listed on mundu.com about it. I assume you are talking about buddy pounce and not SMS capability?
    Mundu has a very nice UI, but keeps disconnecting my sessions all the time. Annoying. And no SMS features. Looks like I am going to have to try out Causerie.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Verichat is back!!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Details?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Verichat is back!!!
    Officially, or just because they don't realize someone turned it back on yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Mundu has a very nice UI, but keeps disconnecting my sessions all the time. Annoying. And no SMS features. Looks like I am going to have to try out Causerie.
    Disconnection issue is being addressed in 4.1 (of which early builds are available). No idea about SMS, though. Since Mundu is very stable with data always-on, I don't bother with SMS any more.
    I tried out the new Mundu. The graphics are nice and it supports many IM protocols.

The SMS notifications were nice in Verichat because you could stay signed in without draining your battery. I know that Verichat had a proxy server to provide SMS notifications and it also cost more and required a subscription fee. Mundu is a good value for what it offers, but it was very nice to be "online" all of the time with the SMS wake up.

I didn't find an option to display timestamps. The Buddy Pounce in Verichat allowed you to select which contacts you wanted to be notified of logging on. Mundu doesn't allow selective notification-- it's all or nothing. If you have a lot of contacts, it would get annoying to leave that feature on.

When it was running in background mode, I got a window for a received message. I typed in a reply and then clicked "chat". My response disappeared. Oops! I guess you have to either send a quick response or click chat and then type your response after the main window opens. That should be fixed.

I'd like to be able to send a file from my memory card. Mundu only allows you to send a PRC, PDB from RAM or a photo. I don't think I'll ever have a need to send a PRC or PDB file through IM, but I might have an occasion to send a file stored on my card.

Anyway, I haven't tried any others, but it seems Mundu is favored by most. I do like that it supports so many IM services. How does Mundu compare to Causerie?
    verichat is freaking dead again! No other IM apps compare. they are crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    verichat is freaking dead again! No other IM apps compare. they are crap.
    The IM world will miss you...
    I tried out the new Mundu. The graphics are nice and it supports many IM protocols.

The SMS notifications were nice in Verichat because you could stay signed in without draining your battery. I know that Verichat had a proxy server to provide SMS notifications and it also cost more and required a subscription fee. Mundu is a good value for what it offers, but it was very nice to be "online" all of the time with the SMS wake up.

I didn't find an option to display timestamps. The Buddy Pounce in Verichat allowed you to select which contacts you wanted to be notified of logging on. Mundu doesn't allow selective notification-- it's all or nothing. If you have a lot of contacts, it would get annoying to leave that feature on.

When it was running in background mode, I got a window for a received message. I typed in a reply and then clicked "chat". My response disappeared. Oops! I guess you have to either send a quick response or click chat and then type your response after the main window opens. That should be fixed.

I'd like to be able to send a file from my memory card. Mundu only allows you to send a PRC, PDB from RAM or a photo. I don't think I'll ever have a need to send a PRC or PDB file through IM, but I might have an occasion to send a file stored on my card.

Anyway, I haven't tried any others, but it seems Mundu is favored by most. I do like that it supports so many IM services. How does Mundu compare to Causerie?
    Just FYI, the Mundu people have been excellent in responding to my needs. I have gotten a new build every other day or so for problems I've been having. I think if you mention your concerns and suggestions to them they may take them into consideration or at least tell you why those things aren't incorporated.

I was personally having resets everytime a user on Trillian would message me, I wrote them, they sent me a new MSNlib.prc that corrected the problem. I am now dealing with frequent disconnects from MSN and they've sent me a debug file to help them assess the situation and a fix is in the works. I've been incredibly pleased with their response and willingness to make MUNDU better for me personally - I like some of your ideas, so why not email MUNDU support with them?

When you typed your response to your pop-up window, and then "chat", did you notice the response was in the chat window once you opened the MUNDU application or is this an actual bug and your message was lost? Email them with this specific issue and I bet they'll fix it in the next build! I will try that today myself since I'm in the midwest and iced in and will probably play on the internet all day. lol

Ask for Buddy pounce, the ability to send files from your SD card and timestamps - I bet they'll do it!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast