Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I had work purchase a " PREMIUM SKIN CASE FOR 700" for my Treo 700p, similar to one I got a year or so ago for a Treo 650. Ordered from Seidio due to how nice the other skin was. What I got was crap! Terrible workmanship. Mold line flashings still on case. Reset hole on back is 1 1/4 inches away from hole in battery door (centered on back both top to bottom and side to side - no where close to reset hole in battery door!). Case was redesigned to fit more universally. Website still advertises the good case. Bait and switch. Since was purchased via work, not worth their time to return for refund. So we have wasted the purchase. $20 for this! Seidio has lost a long time customer!
    Why not contact them before deciding this. Could have been a simple mistake. If you haven't contacted them to give them a chance to make it right, then I don't think you should make a post like that.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I did call them. The admit they changed their design. They offered to let me return for refund. They admit that their webpage shows the old (good) version and does not reflect what they sell now. What I am upset with is the representation of what they sell (website) is NOT what they actually sold me. What they sold me is so very much NOT what I have experienced in the past with Seidio. It shows that profit, not quality is now ruling their designs (or redesigns). How can the company who advocates the battery door with reset hole sell a skin case that has that hole in the skin for the reset hole, 1 1/4 inches away from where it needs to be? Terrible engineering and terrible quality manufacturing. Tells me that from here on, buyer be much more aware when purchasing their products. I can tolerate some misalignment in holes, etc. But this was WAY off. The skin just is not even close to a quality product.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I did call them. The admit they changed their design. They offered to let me return for refund. They admit that their webpage shows the old (good) version and does not reflect what they sell now. What I am upset with is the representation of what they sell (website) is NOT what they actually sold me. What they sold me is so very much NOT what I have experienced in the past with Seidio. It shows that profit, not quality is now ruling their designs (or redesigns). How can the company who advocates the battery door with reset hole sell a skin case that has that hole in the skin for the reset hole, 1 1/4 inches away from where it needs to be? Terrible engineering and terrible quality manufacturing. Tells me that from here on, buyer be much more aware when purchasing their products. I can tolerate some misalignment in holes, etc. But this was WAY off. The skin just is not even close to a quality product.
    I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with your skin, but this was by no means a conspiracy to give you a lesser product. We did have to make some changes to this skin, but I will look into your quality concerns. I will also get with marketing to make sure the pictures are up to date.

As mentioned, we would be happy to take the product back for a full refund. If this isn't feasible for whatever reason, please email your contact and order information to forum@seidio.com. I'd like to see what I can do to get you a product you'll be happy with.

Thanks
    Seidio, for something like this you really should pay for his return shipping as well. He shouldn't be out any of his money (product+shipping) and you should pay for him to return it. It isn't his fault the product isn't as described on your web-site, so he shouldn't have to pay to return it.