1.    #1  
    I just updated my Treo 700p with SprintTreo700pSDUpdate from the Palm's website. Then I created a new user name and reinstalled all applications for clean installation. The Treo performs great except for pairing with my Motorola H700 headset.

After pairing the headset and Treo a half a dozen times, the Bluetooth headset still does not work. The pairing procedure appears successful, yet the Treo will not switch over to the headset on a call. The same headset flawlessly worked before the ROM update 48 hours ago. I have double-check that Bluetooth was enable; charged the headset; deleted all Bluetooth headset from trusted devices; and performed the pair process several times.

The scenario befuddles me. Apparently, this update increased the supported Bluetooth device and improved on their overall user experience with Bluetooth (link below). The exact opposite occurred in my scenario. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Summary of Pairing Procedure
    1. Turn on your bluetooth on your phone.
    2. Flip the boom mic on your H700 and hold down the call button for 5 seconds. The indicator light should be purple. That means it is in pairing mode. Or hold down the call button for 5 seconds, then flip the boom mic on your
    3. Then using your phone, attempt to connect to your H700. It'll ask for a passkey. The default passkey is 0000.

H700 manual (for correct instructions)
    http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/manu...0_9499A88O.pdf

Bluetooth® wireless technology enhancements:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ate/index.html
  2.    #2  
    I resolved the pairing issue following these exact steps.

1. Delete the headset from the Trusted devices
    2. Soft reset
      • Remove Battery
    3. Entered the Bluetooth setup
    4. Press the button for 5 seconds; then flip the boom mic out
    5. Setup Devices > Trusted Device > Add Device
    6. The Treo found the H700, entered paraphrase, and press OK and Done existing the Bluetooth setup
    7. While the boom mic was still open, I placed a call to my voicemail. The H700 paired with my Treo at this point. This step made the difference for me.

Note: In the past, I was closing the boom mic before placing the call; then would reopen the mic and place the call.

Now, the Treo pairs with the H700 without fail. Hopefully, these quick steps will help someone in the future with Bluetooth pairing issues.
    Last edited by neville310; 12/03/2007 at 05:12 PM.
    I have spent hours on the phone with Motorola and they were absolutely no help! Your one little tip of leaving it open, saved the day!!!!

This is what forums and helpful people are for.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Steve
    I have been plagued by the same issue since updating my 700p with the MR. I never thought to place a call before closing the boom, but that one step made all the difference.

Great find, Neville310, and a big thanks.

Here's a bump for anyone experiencing the same issue.
    Does anyone know why this works?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  6. DFS
    I had exactly the same problem with my 680.

After trying this and other clever fixes, none of which worked, I borrowed my cousins H700. It did its thing without a hitch. I returned my original unit (God bless Costco) and got another one. The second "bug" seems to be working well.

My advice, don't spend hours banging your head against a wall, try replacing your unit....
  7. DFS
    Quote Originally Posted by DFS View Post
    I had exactly the same problem with my 680.

After trying this and other clever fixes, none of which worked, I borrowed my cousins H700. It did its thing without a hitch. I returned my original unit (God bless Costco) and got another one. The second "bug" seems to be working well.

My advice, don't spend hours banging your head against a wall, try replacing your unit....
    Well, never mind...

The microphone in the H700 has now failed completely.