1.    #1  
    i figured out a way to get dun on the 755p w/o sprint knowing tha the ph is being teathered.

the person who made the fix for the 700p just modified the original phoneinterfacelibrary.prc for the 700p pre-MR so it would disable the flag that told sprint the phone was being teathered. now i tested the file with the 755p and it does work but.....in doing so your taking a pre-MR 700p file and overwriteing the new (better) 755p file.

all that was done was some code in the file was change to disable the flag so why not just do the same to the file from the 755p that way the hack will work with the newer verison of the file.

any thoughts......
    wow did you not try and use the search for this?

There are like a few hundred posts on this subject.

I believe someone was also working on the 755p file but not sure if it ever ended up anywhere.
    quick question about the DUN hack. do i need my vision password? if yes, how do i get it? can i go online and reset it myself? if yes, how do i do it?

thanks!
    another quick question - is there a way to get the hack file on the card other than connecting it to a computer. I emailed the file to myself so i can see it on the palm, but how do i save the file from there to the card?

thanks!
    no need for your username/password you leave these area's blank.

As for the file itself I have it on my card since if I ever have to do a restore from my backup program (which will not back up that file for some reason) I always have it. It depends on what email program that you use but there should be an option somewhere in it that allows you to save it to your card.
    I download the file from http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/ and resco explorer, save it on card (Do not try saving the hack to the phone when you download it.), run resco, copy that file to Ram, and reset. follow the instructions for my macbook pro on that same site, and viola, im connected with my treo 755p. Worked the same way on the previous models.

Good luck.
    jimeeboy51 - quick question (or two...)

i did the following: dowloaded the hack file on the card and then copied it to the RAM(0). that is correct right?

also, when i try to search for the exact file - PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack in the ram, all i can find is PhoneInterfaceLibrary.

Are these the same files? did the hack file even get copied into the ram? How do i make sure?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 10dulkar View Post
    jimeeboy51 - quick question (or two...)

i did the following: dowloaded the hack file on the card and then copied it to the RAM(0). that is correct right?

also, when i try to search for the exact file - PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack in the ram, all i can find is PhoneInterfaceLibrary.

Are these the same files? did the hack file even get copied into the ram? How do i make sure?

thanks!
    bump!

anyone?
    If you use FileZ and check the "ROM" box when looking at the files on your phone, you'll see both the RAM and ROM versions - the ROM version has an icon of an integrated circuit next to it. If you don't see both versions, you didn't get the RAM version installed.
    easiest way to find out is to try and connect. If it works then everything went fine but if it doesn't then you know you did something wrong.

Don't forget that after you copy the file into ram you have to soft reset the device in order for the file to start working.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    easiest way to find out is to try and connect. If it works then everything went fine but if it doesn't then you know you did something wrong.

Don't forget that after you copy the file into ram you have to soft reset the device in order for the file to start working.
    syphex - it works...i was able to go online...but are you saying that if i hadnt installed the hack file, i wouldnt have been able to go online?

sorry for so many questions, but just want to make sure that i dont get hit with a massive data charge...

thanks!
    With out the hack installed you would not be able to connect. At least I never could after numerous testing.
    im late but Syphex answered it right. So for others, if you saved that hack file (phoneinterface....) onto your card, that should be the correct one to then copy to ram.

If you have problems, try the procedure 2-3 times incase you missed a step. Happened to me before.

Without the hacked file, you wouldn't be able to use DUN or PAM or whatever else they call it, unless you use the other tethered mode hacks or pdanet and so on. weeeeee, im out.
    awesome! thanks...

am getting my n800 tomorrow and cant wait to get started...this is definitely going to make my daily commute a lot more fun...

cheers!

btw - for people who have been using tethering for a while, should i be concerned about my data usage? is there a limit that i should try and stay under? i dont intend to download or stream stuff...just internet surfing...
    just wanted to follow up with an update...i was able to connect my 755p to the n800 through bluetooth using the hack, and it works awesome!

thanks a lot to everyone who helped.

-Vipul
    Hello all,

I have a 755p and have been using the hack quite often...it worked flawlessly....up until today. Im not sure what is happening, however, i will connect to the computer...but it's like no data is being exchanged...I know i'm connected because it dials, authenticates..then tells me "bluetooth dun connection is now connected speed: 115.2 Kbps"..but data is really slow or nonexistant...anybody having the same problem? is it on sprint's end? My blazer works fine on the phone....

again...this stopped working starting only today...and I do have a full signal. I tried in San Francisco as well as down the Peninsula....

Is DUN still working for everyone?
    Last edited by plexboy; 12/05/2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Ok..it seems i was mistaken...this is even more wierd...
    So, I am getting connection....I can see many websites (I cleared my cache so I know they are loading fresh...I also looked at some newspaper websites to see that they were current....

What is odd, however is that it times out when I try to go to GOOGLE & YAHOO). I can access all of those with both BLAZER and with the same computer over wifi....Over Wifi the sites load FAST (also with a cleared cache) but with dun...there seems to be no data transfer...but the other websites (ebay, treocentral) load fine over dun...

what gives?

thanks everyone...sorry for the erroneous info in my last post...google is my homepage so I was assuming i wasn't getting ANY data...
    I am hoping it's an aberration. I was having the issues yesterday with my Sprint network card. Not sure what the issue was.